Heat-It thermostat: How to modify Target Temperature via Z-Wave?

Hello,
I just got a Heat-It Z-Wave thermostat an installed it today to control my floor heating.
The device is working correctly with my heating and I also included it successfully into my network. With openhab I manage to report the actual temperature and the target temperature (command=THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT,setpoint_type=1).
But I do not have a clue how to modify the target temperature with openhab. How can I set a different target temperature via Z-Wave? Is there any special item category for this (I Could not find it in the documentation)?
Thank you for any help or hints!
Best regards,
Martin

Hi,
if device support command thermostat_setpoint I think it should work. Here is my configuration of Danfoss valve for openHAB 1.7. Maybe it will help.

Items config:

Number	HeatValve01	"Heating [%.1f °C]"	{ zwave="4:command=thermostat_setpoint,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0" }

Sitemap config:

Setpoint item=HeatValve01 icon="heating" minValue=4 maxValue=26 step=0.5

Hi,

thank you very much, that was the thing I was searching!
I always tried before to define the Setpoint item in the items file, but that apparently does not work. With the Setpoint item in a frame within the sitemap file it works!
I do not understand at all why this only works in the sitemap as other similar controls (e.g. dimmer, roller shutter) work perfectly in the items but ok…maybe it’s just like that.
Thanks again for the solution!
Martin

Hi there,
I have just bought and installed a Heat-It Z-Wave thermostat. As with you I have it all working with my boiler. Unfortunately even though it has successfully included into my openHab V1 as I can see it in my HABmin, I cannot get any readings out of it and I cannot change the setpoints. I have read this thread many times but unfortunately I do not understand what I have missed, Please find below the line in my .items file:

Number	iHeatValve 	"Heating [%.1f °C]" { zwave="11:command=THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT,setpoint_type=1,setpoint_scale=0" }
Number    iHeatValueTemp  "Heating [%.1f °C]" { zwave="11:command=SENSOR_MULTILEVEL,sensor_type=1"}

And in my Sitemap config:

Setpoint item=iHeatValve icon="heating" minValue=4 maxValue=26 step=0.5

I am sorry that my code is not in a code window, but this is my first post and am not sure how to do it yet.
Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide me. Although I am learning with openHAB I have got quite alot of the fibaro ZWave devices which I may add are very good in my opinion so I am not a total novice.
Trev

Hello,

Has anyone been able to set up Heat-it(Multireg) Thermostat with HomeKit ?