Heatit z trm3 Parameter 21

Openhabian rp4

ThermoFloor HEATIT Z-TRM3 Floor thermostat

Could there be a database error on Parameter 21?
In PaperUI the parameter comes up as a drop-down menu:

I think there should be type-in (0-255) options instead?

I’m hoping this may fix the issue with no kwh(/watts/operating state) reports from the device
Electric meter (kWh)
Electric meter (watts)
Thermostat Operating State
(I’m getting updates when polling)

[Edit]: Electric meter Watts was reporting on another thing Electric Meter (Watts) 1

The device is not configured to limit you to option, so you can type in whatever value you want. Using Firefox, you need to click the field, delete the text, type in the value, then save the Thing. Never use Paper UI to change Z-Wave configuration parameters though! Only use Habmin for this.

There is no text to delete. Are you saying its a Chrome-issue and not a config-issue?

I don’t use Chrome, so I cant say. I also do not have the device to check it myself :slightly_smiling_face:. Your screenshot shows the drop down of available options, but you can also type in a value. I haven’t looked, but it is also possible that the Thing definition was updated and you never deleted your Thing and rediscovered to use the update. So, you could be using an old definition different than what is shown in the device database. Maybe something was fixed and you haven’t updated your Thing?

@5iver, no that’s not the case. It’s a pure dropdown menu, and it’s not possible to type in anything (I tried in both Chrome and Firefox, and both in Habmin and PaperUI). I have the same thermostat, and something is clearly wrong either in the database or in the interpretation of it regarding this specific configuration parameter.

The database shows that you can edit the field (Limit to Options and Read Only are False)…

Are you saying that you have more than one of these devices and you can edit param 21 for those Things? If you do not delete your Things after an update, it is possible that your Thing definition is outdated. It was last updated in April (2.5.5), but I do not know if this parameter was updated. Delete the Thing and rediscover to see if the Thing definition gets updated. This is different than excluding the device… just delete the Thing.

1 Like

Strange… Mine was included just a couple of weeks ago

Sounds like you have the latest version then.

The database shows that you can edit the field (Limit to Options and Read Only are False)…

That’s interesting, but I can’t. I can only change it by selecting a different item in the drop down menu.

Are you saying that you have more than one of these devices and you can edit param 21 for those Things?

No, I have only one. But it’s the same one as OP has. WIth the same problem.

Delete the Thing and rediscover to see if the Thing definition gets updated.

Tried it, but no change.

And even if the field is marked as editable in the database, it really makes no sense to have it as a drop down. So it should definitely be changed.

I didn’t realize there were two of you! What version of OH are you using?

I’m using 2.5.10.

2.5.10-1