Helios Binding for Modbus TCP

I just switched to OH4 and Helios binding is not working any longer.

I’ve set via UI:
IP Address: http://192.168.50.100/
Port: 502
ID: 180
Discovery: On

Then created the easy controls binding.
Nothing to set up here.

I do not reveice any values.

a) Log-Viewer does not state any errors.
b) all bindings are online (green)
c) Helios KWL EC 370 W with Modbus activated.

Any suggestiions on deep diving to an error statement?

Just got a message in logviewer:
[s.internal.HeliosEasyControlsHandler] - HeliosEasyControlsHandler encountered Exception when trying to read variable refNo from the device: null

You also have to configure at least the KWL’s IP address for the HeliosEasyControl binding (without a protocol).
You could also try to configure your Bridge and Thing based on a text file, following the documentation here: Helios easyControls - Bindings | openHAB

So here some screenshots:
Things:

Bridge:

KWL:

Nothing to set in KWL thing.
Using text file in a version with parity via UI sounds weird…

Please specify the IP Address without the protocol, i.e.

Jesus, yes, true mistake. Copied from Browser URL (http) is hidden but copied.

But still after correcting my mistake, I did not receive any values.

Last hope and solution: Deleting the easycontrols thing and re-created it.
Now I receive values again.

Thx a lot.

Continuing the discussion from Helios Binding for Modbus TCP:

Hello,

I am having difficulties with reading via Modbus. In the case below, I wanted to read the outside temperature:

Ping is okay.

Mbe driver:

ip

Please consider that reading variables from the Modbus is a 2-step process as also specified in the documentation from Helios (see https://www.easycontrols.net/de/service/downloads/send/4-software/16-modbus-dokumentation-für-kwl-easycontrols-geräte, p 26f. for the English version).

Hello Bernhard,
I want to read the internal humidity sensor.
I got the variable from Helios. (ASCII v02136 = variable internal FF). This is not implemented in the binding.
Is it possible to display this anyway?
Thank you
greetings D

Hi Dirk,

yes, this variable doesn’t show up in Helios’ original Modbus specification.

But adding variables to the binding is relatively easy.
Please find a snapshot build including the additional variable here: GitHub - bern77/tmp

I don’t think my KWL has such a sensor, at least I only receive 0 as the corresponding value, so I can’t really test it properly - but at least I seem to get a response via the Modbus.

I also just guessed the variable’s parameters (copied from external humidity sensors).

Please test if this works for you. I’m happy to include this (or additional variables if it makes sense) in the next release.

Best regards,
Bernhard

Hello Bernard,
thank you for sending it. Maybe I did something wrong, but I can’t find the channel. I uninstalled the binding and added your file to Addons. After the restart everything works as before. What is the name of the new channel?

Greetings Dirk

The Channel is named modbus:helios-easycontrols:modbus-gateway:kwl:humidityControl#internalSensorKwlFtfHumidity.

I’ve only been running out of the IDE based on the latest 4.2.0-SNAPSHOT of openHAB.
Hope that helps!