Help build binding for Paradox Alarm Panel with IP150

That’s great news! I for one would love to know how you downgraded your IP150 module. I’m sure most people would want this info. All new IP150 modules sold locally are v4.0 already, so it is preventing people from buying those modules since they already know any coding work we’ve done wont work. Would you mind sharing?

quick (unrelated) question: didn’t Paradox produce also another version of the IP150 device? (I think they call it IP150S)

I have one of those (I couldn’t find the “standard” IP150) and it reports firmware revision: 1.4 (and it works fine)

http://www.paradox.com/Products/default.asp?CATID=3&SUBCATID=38&PRD=563

Yeah I was wondering about that. It’s possible, As you’d move the sp specific keep alive and event number driven code to a mapping file and make a new one for evo.

But I’d assume given their direction for firmware that the numbers wanting to do this would be dropping.

Hi to all.

I have posted IP150 downgrade instructions and tools to GitHub https://github.com/Tertiush/ParadoxIP150v2/issues/22 because GitHub allows file upload. I will read all comments ant questions there, but for answer periodically look at GitHub.

1 Like

I confirm that nezmogus’ method works. After a few failures and trying I was able to downgrade my IP150 4.00 to 1.32 and now I can see my alarm’s messages on MQTT.

85 posts were split to a new topic: Binding for Paradox Alarm Panel

Hello,
How to update from version 1.32 to 4.40 which is functional.
I have firmware 4.40 of the IP150.
Thank’s

someone can write an example of mqtt.things and alarm.items for arm/disarm the alarm from openhab?

Hi everyone,
i also started to expirementing with the v2 script, but in my paradox/zone/zone1 topic i get ON and OFF but after them i also get a number different every time, so i can not map them. Am i doing something wrong?Am i missing something?
Thank you in advance.

What is the exact payload?
You may need a JS transformation instead of a MAP one.

If these are payloads (again post an example) from my fork of the ParadoxIP150v2 - then yes there is some json, but that’s only panel information (voltages, panel date time, it comes out as part of the heartbeat)

The example alarm.items (in a subfolder of the project on github) has been updated.

Is there a command to bypass a zone?

Not that I’m aware of. Have a look in to readme at the control topics

What i mean is that for a specific zone i get as payload OPEN/CLOSE although for another, i get ON/OFF with a number after it. See the attached images.

Ok so for a payload like for Paradox/Zone/LR/Windows you will need a JS transform to extract the value
I assume that ON will be OPEN and OFF closed

Create a file called paradox_windows.js in your transform folder with the following content:

(function(payload) {
    var data = payload.split(" ")[0];  // "ON" or "OFF"
    var result = "";
    if (data == "ON") result = "OPEN";
    if (data == "OFF") result = "CLOSED";
    return result;
})(input)

Make sure the JS (Javascript) transformation in installed in the paperUI

Use the transformation for CONTACT items as it returns OPEN and CLOSED

1 Like

Thanks!!! Its working great!!!

Another thing i am trying to do is to run it as a service. what i get from systemctl status paradoxip.service i get

pi@OPENHABSRV:~ $ systemctl status paradoxip.service
● paradoxip.service - Starts and stops the Paradox IP150 Python script
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/paradoxip.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-02-12 11:51:54 EET; 4h 10min ago
     Docs: https://github.com/Tertiush/ParadoxIP150v2
 Main PID: 10433 (python)
   Memory: 15.6M
      CPU: 2.326s
   CGroup: /system.slice/paradoxip.service
           └─10433 /usr/bin/python /home/pi/paradoxip/IP150-MQTTv2.py

Feb 12 15:48:28 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:******************* Error reading config.ini file (will use defaults): [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/h
Feb 12 15:48:28 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (3: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:51:01 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (2: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:53:33 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (1: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:State01:Error within State_Machine: 1: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:State01:Going to State_Machine: 0
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:******************* Error reading config.ini file (will use defaults): [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/h
Feb 12 15:56:06 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (3: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 15:58:38 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (2: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
Feb 12 16:01:11 OPENHABSRV python[10433]: ERROR:root:MQTT connection error (1: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'

Never mind got it permission issues. Thanks once more.

Why with the fork of tertius i always get zone labels, but with psyciknz fork i get them after a lot of the script restart?

Hi Dim,

Would you be able to download paradox TM50 firmware?

I went through a reseller, for their api, but they wanted us both to sign an nda and had a few other conditions.

So that’s why I went back to the ip150 python service