Help with ecobee3 binding on openHAB2

I am new to openHAB and raspberry pi, but through much reading and trial and error have managed to get openHAB2 up and running on my raspberry pi3. I have rules that are now running my motorized shades on a timed schedule through the pi and an Aeotec Z-stick. I would now like to add my Ecobee3 thermostat and sensors for inclusion into future rules. I have read many pages on how to get the ecobee3 binding to work, but my inexperience with Linux (Rasbian) is now leading to many wasted hours with no success.

I would appreciate help with the following:

1. There is no jar file in the addons folder, and I believe I need to find the most current, but I can not find it. Some Dropbox links I thought would help are now dead. I had to add jar files before, and did so successfully for my NEEO remote.

2. I believe I need to add information to an ecobee config file and items file. I do not know the commands to do this using terminal. I would greatly appreciate someone sharing the exact command lines for me to use - and when and where my own thermostat information needs to be substituted in these lines. I have read through the examples of the proper syntax and examples in many informative online resources, but at this point would like someone to give me the fewest lines needed to get it to work.

So far I have registered as developer, received the key, set up the ecobee binding with this key using the paper UI, and I know how to get the thermostat ID number. From my understanding, until I can get the answers to my questions above, I can not get the PIN I need to put into the correct section of my Ecobee thermostat web portal. I think once that is accomplished and I reboot the pi3, I should see the ‘Things’ in the Paper UI populated with some of my thermostat’s information for use in my rules.

I would appreciate it if those who have been helped through this process already, try to simplify and break it down even more for someone with very limited experience.

Regards,

Tom

I have spent time learning more linux and believe I have solved my immediate problems.

Do you happen to have information on how you solved this issue? I seem to be stuck in this same position.

Unfortunately I did not pursue this solution further. I am currently using time of day rules.
Regards,
Tom

Thanks for the reply. I’m still trying to get my ecobee4 to show up in openhab2. I can’t seem to get it to make the request for the PIN.

Not sure if you still need help but after doing more extensive reading of the documents I have successfully got it to work, at least for the parameters I have installed to date. Let me know if you have any specific questions regarding this process.

Tom