Help with mail add-on on openhab 1.7.0

I’ve been using openhab 1.7.0 for the past 3 years or so now. Been meaning to upgrade to 2.0, but really haven’t had an urgent need to (until now maybe).

Email has been working fine for me until I changed mail hosts. I think I’m running into this issue here with the new mail host: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/issues/4130

I do have another openhab installation running 2.0, and it works fine with my new mail host. I just want to know if I can perhaps replace/update some jar files on my 1.7.0 installation (which ones, and with what?) and work around the bug for now. I really don’t want to upgrade to 2.0 if I don’t have to, because it’s been working really well, except for this email issue. My current workaround is to stop using TLS, but I want to use TLS if I can.

Thanks for your help/suggestions.

• Platform information:
    • Hardware: BeagleBone Black
    • Java Runtime Environment: 1.7.0_71
    • openHAB version: 1.7.0

I doubt it. The jar files are embedded with the add-on so at a minimum to get the new Apache Commons Mail library will require you to rebuild the jar file yourself and hope that the interface didn’t c8ange.

I really have no recollection of to the differences between Oh 1.7 and 1.8. It is theoretically possible that the 1.8 version of the add-on will run on 1.7. If not, you can try to upgrade to 1.8 and see if that has the fix.

If not, you are stuck needing to upgrade to 2.4.

But for the most part, with a release of OH that old, you are pretty much on your own. There are not many users using a version of OH that old left who can help. It has literally been years since I’ve used a 1.x version of 1.x.

Thanks, I thought it might the case I’ll have to upgrade. I’ll have to see if I can live without TLS. But regardless, it was a really good run with 1.7.0!