Help with Zigbee LIDL Smart Colour-Change LED Light Bulb channel (HG07834C)

Chris, this is what I get…

I put the bulb into pairing mode. its flashes, so I do a zigbee scan I get a thing and a color channel. The bulb stops flashing and it illuminated bright white.

I then link and create an item …

If I turn the light on/off or use the brightness dimmer, the light varies between off and bright white. Once I move the hue or saturation, it seems like the bulb visibly dims, as it looks like the white led turns off, and only the red, green and blue leds are on.

If I pair the bulb to a normal Lidl zigbee hub, I get a on/off, dimmer, cool to warm light, and rgb colour also dim-able.

So maybe I’ve not understood the limitations of using the hacked Lidl gateway, or possibly its a limitation of the bulb, gateway and zigbee implementation,

The gateway won’t impact this - it will come down to how the device implements the color control. The binding expects to see certain features in the device, and if it sees them, it creates the color control channel. It does this using standard zigbee functionality, so it should work with all devices conforming to the standards, but sometimes there is more than one way to do something (or possibly the device is doing something non-standard).

@Ap15e I assume this is a different bulb than @Ferg is trying to get working?

My bulb identifies itself as _TZ3000_dbou1ap4 / TS0505A (not as TS0505B).

Fingerprint:

|>| Node Descriptor
| |> Logical Type               ROUTER
| |> MAC Capabilities           [FULL_FUNCTION_DEVICE, MAINS_POWER, RECEIVER_ON_WHEN_IDLE]
| |> Stack Compliance           22
| |> Server Capabilities        []
| |> Buffer Size                82
| |> Incoming Transfer Size     82
| |> Outgoing Transfer Size     82
|
|>| Power Descriptor
| |> Available Power Sources    [MAINS]
| |> Current Power Source       MAINS
| |> Current Power Mode         RECEIVER_ON_IDLE
| |> Power Level                FULL
|
|>| ZDO
| |> ManagementBindRequest      SUCCESS
| |> IeeeAddressRequest         SUCCESS
| |> ManagementLqiRequest       SUCCESS
| |> ManagementRoutingRequest   SUCCESS
|
|>| Basic Information
| |> Generic Device Class
| |> Generic Device Type
| |> Manufacturer Name          _TZ3000_dbou1ap4
| |> Model Indentifier          TS0505A
| |> Product Code
| |> Product URL
| |> Date Code
| |> Application Version        80
| |> Software Build ID
| |> Hardware Version           1
| |> Zcl Version                3
| |> Stack Version              0
| |
| |>| Endpoint 1
| | |> Profile                  0104  ZIGBEE_HOME_AUTOMATION
| | |> Device Type              010D  EXTENDED_COLOR_LIGHT
| | |> Device Version           1
| | |
| | |>| Input Clusters
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0000 Basic
| | | | |> Type                 Server [Input]
| | | | |> Manufacturer Spec.   No
| | | | |
| | | | |>| Commands Generated
| | | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | |>| Commands Received
| | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | |>| Attributes Supported
| | | | | |> 0000 ZCL Version
| | | | | |> 0001 Application Version
| | | | | |> 0002 Stack Version
| | | | | |> 0003 HW Version
| | | | | |> 0004 Manufacturer Name
| | | | | |> 0005 Model Identifier
| | | | | |> 0006 Date Code
| | | | | |> 0007 Power Source
| | | | | |> FFDE Unknown
| | | | | |> FFFD Unknown
| | | | | |> FFFE Unknown
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0003 Identify
| | | | |> Unsupported locally
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0004 Groups
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0005 Scenes
| | | | |
| | | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | | |> 0000 Scene Count
| | | | | |> 0001 Current Scene
| | | | | |> 0002 Current Group
| | | | | |> 0003 Scene Valid
| | | | | |> 0004 Name Support
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0006 On/Off
| | | | |
| | | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | | |> 0000 On Off
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0008 Level Control
| | | | |
| | | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | | |> 0000 Current Level
| | | | | |> 000F Options
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0300 Color Control
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 1000
| | |
| | |>| Output Clusters
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 000A Time
| | | | |> Type                 Client [Output]
| | | |
| | | |>| Cluster 0019 Ota Upgrade
| | | | |> Type                 Client [Output]
| | | | |
| | | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | |> FAILURE
| | | | |
| | | | | |> 0000 Upgrade Server ID
| | | | | |> 0001 File Offset
| | | | | |> 0006 Image Upgrade Status
| |
| |>| Endpoint 242
| | |> Profile                  A1E0  ZIGBEE_GREEN_POWER
| | |> Device Type              0061
| | |> Device Version           0

I might be wrong (once again :slight_smile: ), but I’d say OPs problem is related to the fact that OPs bulb seems to have a specific colour temperature range (see Help with Zigbee LIDL Smart Colour-Change LED Light Bulb channel (HG07834C) - #10 by Ap15e). The colour temperature channel is missing from OPs screenshot.

I don’t think so. This is not one of the criteria for creating the channel - the binding is only checking to see if certain capabilities are supported. I’m not saying that this might not also be an issue at some point, but it is definitely not the reason that there is no channel being detected.

Let’s ensure the latest version is being run, then get the logs and see what’s happening…

@chris @anon71759204 I’ve got most of my OpenHab set up with MQTT binding and Tasmota devices. I’ve only just got the Lidl Zigbee gateway with some plugs and bulbs and followed the guides to “freeing the gateway” and tried connecting it to my setup. Before posting here, I’d used openhabian-config upgrade the system to the latest release and have been having some issues with the iPhone App.

I’ve decided this was rushed, so I’m setting up a test server at the weekend. and will install the zigbee binding and test and generate the logs. This will eliminate any other issues, and ensure that I don’t break my existing setup. Thanks for your help so far.

1 Like

My live setup is openHAB 3.2.0 - Release Build

My test setup is openHAB 3.3.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2739 and it looks like everything is working :slight_smile:

• Installed and configured socat and pointed it at the Lidl gateway
  • added in the zigbee binding
  • added and configured the Ember coordinator
  • added thing, select zigbee, pressed scan, which found the bulb
  • clicked on channels, and there were 2 :slight_smile:
  • added to model,

and it works.

1 Like

@chris @anon71759204 I guess the lesson here for me, is read the documentation, and read it again. Also testing in a clean environment, where I wont break my live system, and where its easier to see issues/errors.

My live environment was an upgrade from 2.5, and maybe had other issues, so I’ll need to do a clean install and start again. I’ll use the test server to “try things out” before putting them on my live server.

Thanks for your assistance, and also thanks to you both for the excellent work you do here.

:+1:

I made a change recently to simplify the detection of device features/channels. I found that some devices incorrectly report their capability (there is a direct request to find out the color capabilities and some devices incorrectly report this). Instead the binding now just goes through one by one and requests the attributes to see if they are supported - this is a little slower, but it’s only done during initialisation, and as it’s really dealing with the direct data from the bulb, is more likely to work.

I suspect that is what fixed it here.

Glad it’s working.

Just some further questions, and this may well be down to my understanding of the bulbs and binding capabilities, or my expectations may be to high :slight_smile:

1. The paring works and I get 2 channels and 2 items.

The color control has Hue, Saturation and Brightness

The Color Temperature Dimmer which maps to the actual 153 - 500 range for the bulb.

However its not possible to change the brightness in white mode, in RGB mode its fine.

My hack was to add a dimmer item to the color channel …

Call it Brightness

And end up with this …
model_02
Click on Brightness will turn on white at the selected brightness.
Click on Color Temperature will set the color, but only if light is on
Click the switch on/off will turn on bulb to last setting.
Click on the color square will bring up the color wheel

The Hue is changed by the outer color wheel, the saturation and brightness are changed in the square.

Please let me know if there is a better or cleaner way to do this.

This is the output from zigbee endpoint command

openhab> zigbee endpoint 38251/1
IEEE Address      : B4E3F9FFFEFFA288
Network Address   : 38251
Endpoint          : 1
Device Profile    : 0x0104, ZIGBEE_HOME_AUTOMATION
Device Type       : 0x010D, EXTENDED_COLOR_LIGHT
Device Version    : 1
Input Clusters    : (Server)
   0000 Basic
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    ZCL Version                              Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 3
        S       1 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Application Version                      Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 65
        S       2 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Stack Version                            Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 0
        S       3 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    HW Version                               Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 1
        S       4 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          Manufacturer Name                        Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 _TZ3000_qd7hej8u
        S       5 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          Model Identifier                         Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 TS0505B
        S       6 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          Date Code                                Tue Feb 15 20:03:33 GMT 2022 
        S       7 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Power Source                              
        S       8 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Generic Device Class                      
        S       9 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Generic Device Type                       
        S      10 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          Product Code                              
        S      11 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          Product URL                               
        S      16 rw- CHARACTER_STRING          Location Description                      
        S      17 rw- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Physical Environment                      
        S      18 rw- BOOLEAN                   Device Enabled                            
        S      19 rw- BITMAP_8_BIT              Alarm Mask                                
        S      20 rw- BITMAP_8_BIT              Disable Local Config                      
        S   16384 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          SW Build ID                               
   0003 Identify
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Identify Time                             
   0004 Groups
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-- BITMAP_8_BIT              Name Support                              
   0005 Scenes
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Scene Count                               
        S       1 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Current Scene                             
        S       2 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Current Group                             
        S       3 r-- BOOLEAN                   Scene Valid                               
        S       4 r-- BITMAP_8_BIT              Name Support                              
        S       5 r-- IEEE_ADDRESS              Last Configured By                        
   0006 On/Off
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-s BOOLEAN                   On Off                                   Tue Feb 15 20:36:16 GMT 2022 true
        U   16384 r-- BOOLEAN                   Global Scene Control                      
        U   16385 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   On Time                                   
        U   16386 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Off Wait Time                             
        U   16387 rw- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Start Up On Off                           
   0008 Level Control
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-s UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Current Level                            Tue Feb 15 20:36:04 GMT 2022 254
        U       1 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Remaining Time                            
        U       2 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Minimum Level                             
        U       3 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Maximum Level                             
        U       4 r-s UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Current Frequency                         
        U       5 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Minimum Frequency                         
        U       6 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Maximum Frequency                         
        S      15 r-- BITMAP_8_BIT              Options                                   
        U      16 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   On Off Transition Time                    
        U      17 rw- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    On Level                                  
        U      18 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   On Transition Time                        
        U      19 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Off Transition Time                       
        U      20 rw- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Default Move Rate                         
        U   16384 rw- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Start Up Current Level                    
   0300 Color Control
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-s UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Current Hue                              Tue Feb 15 20:03:32 GMT 2022 0
        S       1 r-s UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Current Saturation                       Tue Feb 15 20:36:04 GMT 2022 254
        U       2 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Remaining Time                            
        S       3 r-s UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Current X                                Tue Feb 15 17:49:15 GMT 2022 0
        U       4 r-s UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Current Y                                Tue Feb 15 17:49:15 GMT 2022 0
        U       5 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Drift Compensation                        
        U       6 r-- CHARACTER_STRING          Compensation Text                         
        U       7 r-s UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Color Temperature                        Tue Feb 15 20:36:13 GMT 2022 314
        U       8 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Color Mode                               Tue Feb 15 20:36:13 GMT 2022 2
        U   16384 r-s UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Enhanced Current Hue                      
        U   16385 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Enhanced Color Mode                       
        U   16386 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Color Loop Active                         
        U   16387 r-- UNSIGNED_8_BIT_INTEGER    Color Loop Direction                      
        U   16388 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Color Loop Time                           
        U   16389 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Color Loop Start Hue                      
        U   16390 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Color Loop Stored Hue                     
        U   16394 r-- BITMAP_16_BIT             Color Capabilities                       Fri Feb 11 23:06:10 GMT 2022 25
        U   16395 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Color Temperature Min                    Fri Feb 11 23:08:01 GMT 2022 153
        U   16396 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Color Temperature Max                    Fri Feb 11 23:08:01 GMT 2022 500
     - APS Security disabled
Output Clusters   : (Client)
   000A Time
     - APS Security disabled
   0019 Ota Upgrade
     - APS Security disabled
        S       0 r-- IEEE_ADDRESS              Upgrade Server ID                         
        S       1 r-- UNSIGNED_32_BIT_INTEGER   File Offset                               
        S       2 r-- UNSIGNED_32_BIT_INTEGER   Current File Version                      
        S       3 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Current ZigBee Stack Version              
        S       4 r-- UNSIGNED_32_BIT_INTEGER   Downloaded File Version                   
        S       5 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Downloaded ZigBee Stack Version           
        S       6 r-- ENUMERATION_8_BIT         Image Upgrade Status                      
        S       7 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Manufacturer ID                           
        S       8 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Image Type ID                             
        S       9 r-- UNSIGNED_16_BIT_INTEGER   Minimum Block Request Period              
        S      10 r-- UNSIGNED_32_BIT_INTEGER   Image Stamp                               
Groups Configured : 0

This is not a hack - openHAB allows you to set different channel types - so a color channel accepts an OnOff, Dimmer, and HSB.

I don’t see any way to improve this without having a dedicated colour temperature control and type.

Thanks for the reply. Its a bit clearer to me now. This was my first attempt at using the Openhab Zigbee binding, the hacked Lidl Zigbee Gateway and Socat. There was a bit of a learning curve :slight_smile:

I’d only used tasmota mqtt devices before and was more familiar with that. I was tempted to try zigbee2mqtt, but I’m thinking I’ll stick with the zigbee binding.

I have the same bulb here and it only reports its color channel (RGB). In a 3.2.0 install, is there a way to force it to report its color temperature channel so that I can control the “white” one as well?

You would need to use the 3.3 snapshot. I’m not 100% sure if it will work as I know there are some breaking changes in the core that might impact the ability to run newer bindings on older cores.

1 Like

How is the bulb working for you guys? I realized I also bought lidl rgb led some time ago (specifically TS0505A - E14 candle), at that time the color channed did not work so I forgot about it but after reading this thread I paired it again, set XY color commands and it works fine. My only problem is that I can’t get solid red color from it, setting hue to min/max gives me sort of orange-ish color. I also have zigbee rgb strip so I put them together into same group (btw openhab doesn’t seem to have UI group for color for some reason…), but the colors on the bulb seems to be ever so slightly off (rgb strip is pure red, bulb is sort of orange, if I set the strip to orange-yellow the bulb is slightly more green etc.). Isn’t there some problem with transforming RGB commands to XY?

1 Like

@obones I have OpenHab 3.2.0 and it only had one channel, color, which controlled the rgb with hue, saturation and brightness. The color temperature to control the white light was not present.

I install OpenHab 3.3.0 on a test server and I got both channels, and full control.

Sorry for the delay in posting a reply.

No worries, I was hoping for a workaround to get the channel present in 3.2.0 but it seems this might not be possible at all.

You will need to use the 3.3 binding to get this fix - sorry.

I paired it again, set XY color commands and it works fine.

How did you do that? I’m still stuck with the LIDL bulb reporting a sole color channel (which actually shows up as a trigger channel in openhab 3.2.0).

my thread on this

Seems like yours is connected using zigbee2mqtt, I’m using zigbee binding. There’s “Configure channel” button, maybe you can configure there.