Hide/Show parameters in custom widget settings

Hello everyone,

is it somehow possible to hide or show specific parameters in custom widgets, like in the standard cell widget?
For example, there I can choose a Toggle Item under “Action” and then more settings appear.

My goal is to make a kind of universal widget and I don’t want to get overwhelmed by all the settings.
Here for example, I want to hide the setting for the dimmer item when I choose the blind widget above.

Not really. As far as I know there is no way to conditionally hide parameters. The one thing you can do is set each parameter you want to hide as an advanced parameter:

advanced: true

Then the advanced checkbox will automatically be added to the widget props page those parameters will only be visible is the checkbox is checked.

Personally, however, I’ve found that in the long run these “universal” widgets wind up being a little more hassle than they’re worth. For me, the code just stays simpler and easier to maintain if it’s split into specific versions. I’ve got a couple of different widget types where there’s a general version that’s good for several things that only require simple configuration and then two or three more specific versions for situations that require more specialized configuration.

1 Like

Does anybody know if there are any changes? Is it possible now?