historicState rule doesn't show value

Hi,

actually I am playing with Persistence Extensions for Rules. I thought I started simple with the following rule:

rule "Temperaturtest"
when
 //Time cron is "0 0 0/1 1/1 * ? *" //stündlich
 Time cron is "0 42 12 1/1 * ? *"
then

logInfo("rules","Temperatur vor einer Stunde:" +HK_WEATHER1Kizi_Temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(1),"rrd4j"))
end

I am trying to get a log message with the temperature before one hours. I get the following log:

12:42:04.667 [INFO ] [eclipse.smarthome.model.script.rules] - Temperatur vor einer Stunde:org.openhab.core.persistence.internal.QueryablePersistenceServiceDelegate$1@acb281

I am using rrd4j (defined as standard) and JDBC as persistence services. Without

,"rrd4j"

I get the same result.

Can somebody point me to the right direction?

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

I had the same. The quotes around rrd4j are breaking the logInfo statement
Out the historic state you want to log into a variable first, and use the new variable in your logInfo Statement.

Hello Sebastian,

Thank you for your help, but I have tried it with the same result:

14:55:04.561 [INFO ] [eclipse.smarthome.model.script.rules] - Temperatur vor einer Stunde:org.openhab.core.persistence.internal.QueryablePersistenceServiceDelegate$1@192272d

Changed the rule to:

rule "Temperaturtest"
when
 //Time cron is "0 0 0/1 1/1 * ? *" //stündlich
 Time cron is "0 55 14 1/1 * ? *"
then
	var Number temphist
	temphist=HK_WEATHER1Kizi_Temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(1),"rrd4j")
	logInfo("rules","Temperatur vor einer Stunde:" +temphist)	
end

Any other ideas?

Give it a try like this:

var Number temphist = (HK_WEATHER1Kizi_Temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(1), "rrd4j").state  as DecimalType)

Other than that I guess you’ve already checked that rrd4j is properly persisting the data. Did you check the graph and data from last hour is available?

15:09:04.511 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Temperaturtest: cannot invoke method public abstract org.eclipse.smarthome.core.types.State org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.HistoricItem.getState() on null

and without .state (but with as DecimalState)

15:12:04.934 [ERROR] [ntime.internal.engine.ExecuteRuleJob] - Error during the execution of rule Temperaturtest: org.eclipse.smarthome.core.library.types.DecimalType

Datas are saved with rrd4j. That I have checked for sure.

I found a solution:

val Number temphist=(HK_WEATHER1Kizi_Temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(1),"rrd4j")).state
	logInfo("rules","Temperatur vor einer Stunde: " +String.format("%.2f",(temphist).floatValue()))

I’m trying the same thing but solution doesn’t appear to work for me , its still returning a object value:
org.openhab.core.persistence.internal.QueryablePersistenceServiceDelegate$1@247e1164
I have:

msg += "Historical value (6 hours ago: " + Hotwater_temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(6))

or

val oldtemp= Hotwater_temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(6))
msg += "Historical value (6 hours ago: " + String.format("%.2f",(oldtemp))

myItem.historicState( ... ) method returns a complex object of type historicState

That object includes timestamps etc., but you can get the state part using it’s state method
myItem.historicState( ... ).state

Looks like you are building a string, so you’d need to use the .toString method of that state

msg += "Historical value (6 hours ago: " + Hotwater_temperature.historicState(now.minusHours(6)).state.toString
1 Like

solved… perfect thanks