- Platform information:
- Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Rev 1.2
- OS: Raspbian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye), Kernel = Linux 5.15.61-v7l+
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version: 3.3.0
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
I setup the following rule:
The rule should turn off the mains-power to my TrueNAS server during the night (it pulls 6W for the HP iLO, which I want to save).
However, I only want to execute this, if the server is turned off. For this I use the IF-clause that checks that the value of item
server_power_usage has dropped below 10W. This is the value reported by the smart-plug, which is switched by the item
server_smartplug. If the server is running (turned on) it pulls >30W and ~6W by the iLO in the “off-state” with mains connected as shown in this screenshot (though here you do not see the iLO state):
(Getting a bit ahead of myself) I tested this rule by hitting the “Play button” at the top right (with server running) and it turned the server off, which should not have happened according to the IF-clause (and hurt me a bit).
So I have two questions:
- Does the play-button not consider the IF-clause? (I suspect it does …)
- How can I test the this rule without actually switching the server? Can I write to the logs, if the rule was executed instead of switching the server? Related to this: How can I write the value of
server_power_usagethat was used when executing the rule?
Thank you in advance,