Home Connect binding

New to Openhab, bindings, curl, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I am trying connect to the Homeconnect API. First step works fine, and I get a response

“expires_in”: 300,
“device_code”: “xx”,
“user_code”: “zz”,
“verification_uri”: “blabla”,
“interval”: 5,
“verification_uri_complete”: “/verify.home-connect.com?user_code=yy”

I am also able to login to my Homeconnect account using the verification_uri_complete. But it ends up with (translated from Danish) You have granted access - look at the devices for next steps.

Nothing happens at the devices. I have a dryer, washer, dishwasher and oven. I have tried to ignore this, but the next curl fails with

bash: /api.home-connect.com/security/oauth/token: No such file or directory

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Since I’m interested in the HomeConnect binding I would do some test - but I’m struggeling building the HomeConnect binding. I have downloaded the OpenHab stuff (as described on the OpenHab site) and I’m able to run the demo app. I have downloaded the complete fork from here but I have no idea how to integrate the HomeConnect binding into OpenHab. So, what do I have to do to build the HomeConnect binding? (Btw. my developer career ended when eclipse 3.0 started to become famous :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
Any help welcome!

And maybe the more important part: is there any chance to get this binding into the official release?

Deleted my account, started from scratch, and it worked :slight_smile: Must have made a mistake somewhere.

1 Like

Hi @F-E-B welcome back
Actually there is no need to “build” the binding. You just download the latest binding .jar file from the source as described by @jb4711 and put it to your local openhab addons folder.

From there follow the description to establish the connection between openHAB environment and the HomeConnect API platform.

Cheers
Stefan

Really great work, my dishwasher, oven, washingmachine and dryer are connected :slight_smile:

I found 2 smaller issues:
Dryer: progress channels show NaN when drying
Washing machine active program show NULL when washing

Thanks for the feedback. Will check as soon I get the development environment setup. Currently I have difficulties (Eclipse IDE fails when using instructions).

Took some time, but now everything is going…

I connected a fridge, a washing machine and a dryer and so far everything is OK. Points I still have on the list (e.g. converting the remaining time from seconds to h:m:s) are not binding specific issues.

In my opinion, one thing that has not yet been solved so well is the login with all the curl scripts. I had to understand first that curl behaves a bit different under Windows …

Many thanks for the good job!
How can you push the integration into the main branch?

Cool

I’m almost done with the web based authentication. Just made a unprofessional video to show you :smiley:

Hi,

I have a general question: is it possible to use this binding offline?
I am building a SmartHome without using internet connections. I wrote Siemens some months ago and they told me that it is possible to use Home Connect Devices without internet access after the initial setup. Any ideas, plans or something like this about that?
I am trying to implement that offline because what happens if in 20 years Home Connect Servers may go offline but I still want to use the functions…

Hi,

Thanks for the binding. I am successfully connected with my washer and dryer. My only question is why is not the power state available for washers and dryers?
I am able to at least turn off both of them from the Home Connect app.

Best regards,
Bjørn Larsen

Hi,

this binding only works if you have an active internet connection. I do not plan to support offline support for this binding. Unfortunately, there is no official SDK or API available.

In theory this might be possible. But I believe if BSH is shutting down there servers they will also remove there apps from mobile market places. I think without a working backend an installed app will stop working. There oAuth-Tokens will expire and you don’t have access to the devices anymore. My last point: I don’t think that most appliances will last 20 years :smiley:

JB

Hi,

work in progress. Currently I have finished the dishwasher handler (select program and start/stop program). Next I start with CoffeeMaker actions.

Please follow this channel. I will keep you informed.

JB

2 Likes

Hi!

I wanna commend you on your work so far.

I changed my Athom Homey for a Debian setup with OpenHab some weeks ago, and was excited to see this binding, for use with Siemens home appliances (oven, coffee maker, hob and dish washer).

As an earlier poster I’m excited about the coffee maker events. Besides the 2 requested, also ConsumerProducts.CoffeeMaker.Event.DripTrayFull.

I have been looking at the code but have not been able to figure it out (somewhat recently started coding).

Besides these events I’m looking to log my coffee consumption. Seeing as they haven’t opened anything up regarding statistics, I’m thinking I will get a number from the machine itself, and then keep logging to persistance.

Selecting the program for coffee, I can use /homeappliances/{haid}/programs/active/options to get:

{
“data”: {
“options”: [
{
“key”: “ConsumerProducts.CoffeeMaker.Option.CoffeeTemperature”,
“value”: “ConsumerProducts.CoffeeMaker.EnumType.CoffeeTemperature.90C”,
“name”: “Temperature”,
“displayvalue”: “normal”
},
{
“key”: “ConsumerProducts.CoffeeMaker.Option.BeanAmount”,
“value”: “ConsumerProducts.CoffeeMaker.EnumType.BeanAmount.DoubleShotPlus”,
“name”: “Strength”,
“displayvalue”: “DoubleShot +”
},
{
“key”: “ConsumerProducts.CoffeeMaker.Option.FillQuantity”,
“value”: 180,
“unit”: “ml”,
“name”: “Liquid volume”
}
]
}
}

Is this included in the actions you are working on? (no point in logging consumption if I can’t differentiate between the family members) :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

Johan

Hi @johanone,

I finished coffee maker appliance support last week. Unfortunately I haven’t released a new version. Due to my heavy refactorings of the code the other appliances won’t work anymore. I will fix them one at a time. Once done I will release a new version. Shouldn’t take to much time as I want to push my code to the official addon repository as soon as possible.

I have covered this event too. Please have a look at the screenshots. You can power on and off your coffee machine, select a program and start it.

I think using a persistence storage is the right way. You could track the operation state and count the the value “running”.

JB

Hi Jonas,

Firstly, thank you for this binding. I was really happy when i found it and it’s really useful to see the state of my Siemens Wash Machine.

I have two questions:
When do you think this addon will be complete?
In the branch master-homeconnect-2.5.0, the things that are supposed to show in OpenHab panel are the same as in the image below? And the only thing we can change is the “Selected Program”?

I can give you some help if you want to. I’m somewhat new to making OpenHab addons but i’m learning for about sometime now. I have a physical device so it’s easier for me to see if the Wash Machine part is working.

Thank you and continue the good work :slight_smile:

Hi @FredyR4zox,

Hope I will be done in August.

The branch is reflecting the current development state. I haven’t touched wash machine devices yet. The current implementation isn’t finished. I have to fix “Selected program” and also add actions like “start program”. After I’m done you can select a program and start it.

Great I will definitely let you know when I have wash machine appliances working. I do not have such an appliance at home. It will help me a lot, as the Siemens/Bosh/… devices behave really different from type to type.

Greetings,
Jonas

Hi Jonas

I also want to thank you for this binding!

I have some new toys:

• Siemens HN678G4S6 oven
  • Siemens LC91KWV60 hob
  • Siemens EX875LYV1E cook top

At this moment I’ve connected the oven, but I’m eager to connect the hob (I’d like to use it as a ventilation system)
Can I help you? Are your latest changes on github?

kr
Boris

1 Like

I am in the same situation but I have a Bosch HomeConnect capable hob.
i also want to control the ventilation. It seems possible to get the power level https://github.com/DavidMStraub/homeassistant-homeconnect/blob/master/custom_components/homeconnect/init.py

1 Like

Yes and yes. :grinning:
I will mention you if binding is ready. My current changes are in a separate branch (please see post above).

Thanks for the link. Will have a look.