Home Connect binding

Tester users are more than welcome. I try to release a new version by the end of the week. Packed with lots of new stuff :smiley:

Will let you know.

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for testing. Will try have a look. Let keep you updated.

1 Like

Very Cool! Looking forward to it =)

Sound very nice! :slight_smile:

IĀ“m a bit lazy right now setting up the HomeConnect bridge, but would love to test this. Is an OH3 version already on your roadmap or is it OH2.x only right now?

Thanks a lot for your work!

1 Like

Iā€™m almost done with my code refactoring todoā€™s. After that I will start with the OH3 migration.

1 Like

Perfect - thank you! :star_struck:

As it seems, you are a user of HomeConnect devices for yourself. Maybe youĀ“ll find a few minutes to give me an advice on this topic:

As my child loves dirt and isnĀ“t as clean as I would love him to be - so we need a quick exchange for the current machine. And if I donĀ“t come up with a quick solution the automation part gets burried in regards of just having some generic machine from the local electronic store (which I have to fiddle around with to make it at least somewhat ā€˜smartā€™ then and also keeping the women acceptance factor >=.7 - which is hard sometimes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Hi guys,
on my environement OpenHab 2.5 the new version of the binding causes strongly increased memory usage and high cpu usage. If I stop the binding everything turns to normal. I use the same config for more than one year. The former version from january 2020 worked well but died once a month.

Anys suggestions here would be nice!
Best regards, Thomas

I will release a new version soon (Friday or Saturday).

1 Like

Hi, do you need any logs for analyzing this strange beviour?

No, I think I know why this happens. Iā€™ve replaced the SSE client library and improved the SSE connection monitor.

1 Like

Fine thanks in advance! I could test the new release if needed

Hey,

I have a Bosch Washing Machine with Homeconnect and am quite happy with it. WAWH2642FG.
Using integration with Openhab mainly for status updates when it is running and occasionally remote start. Anyway you need to load and ā€œarmā€ the machine. and obviously unload.
You can also get the status of Detergent and Softener.

hope this helps
Achim

1 Like

Thank you for testing @holger_hees @Lodewijk. The logs youā€™ve provided helped me to understand the problem. @Lodewijk sorry for the late response.

There are the following problems:

1. Certain washer programs cannot be selected and started.
    Itā€™s not possible to select some programs via openHAB. If a program is selected directly on the appliance they change is reflected in openHAB. Unfortunately, openHAB is not able to fetch program options or start the program via API call.
    Affected programs
    LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Cotton.CottonEco
    LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Rinse
    LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Spin.SpinDrain
    LaundryCare.Washer.Program.DrumClean
    LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Super153045.Super1530
    LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Mix.NightWash
    ā†’ Iā€™ll create a bug ticket at the Home Connect developer site. It is very strange that the API is responding with a list of supported programs and later on replies with Program not supported. It would help me if you could test it again with the new binding version below. A request export would be nice (http(s)://[openhab-ip]:[openhab port]/homeconnect/log/requests).

2. Incorrect thing state due to slow state sync

I have no idea what to do about it? Suggestions are welcome.

Here is my current working binding: org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-2.5.9.202010221151.jar

@jb4711 nice new binding UI :slight_smile: I will provide a new logfile when the current washing program is done :slight_smile:

and for the second problem, I would recommend set the thing to OFFLINE when we get the response ā€œHomeAppliance is offlineā€, because in this case we can except an upcoming OFFLINE event. At least I would stop any request to HomeConnect for the next 5 minutes, to avoid that our client is blocked/banned from their side.

@jb4711

2020-10-22_17-13__homeconnect_api_bridge_default__requests.json (36.0 KB)

No worries, i tested it right away with the new binding, but i get the same response, i attached the request export.2020-10-22_20-12__homeconnect_api_bridge_68f832d4__requests.json (75.2 KB)

i also like what @holger_hees is suggesting, my dishwasher is staying online when powered off but my washing machine is offline when powered off. But with the new monitor it stays online even when its powered off. When i eventually power on my washing machine after a couple off days it wont reconnect to OH. I have to reboot OH to get it working.

Thanks!!!

@holger_hees @Lodewijk

Iā€™ve received a response from the Home Connect support. :frowning:

Hi Jonas,

Not all washer programs are supported by our Home Connect API. So there is a possibility that a washer will support programs that cannot be activated through the use of our API, even though a user can manually select and activate these programs on his/her appliance. That is the cause of the error you are encountering, as you the API will only return programs it supports. Please find the list of available washer programs here.

mmmm, thats to bad and also a little bit strange, with te official homeconnect app i can select the eco program and start it. I read in a previous post that you explained that the homeconnect and the binding are using a different kind of api but still.

With the latest binding 2.5.9.202010221151 and also the previous 2.5.9 binding my appliances are losing connection, my dishwasher still hangs at 94% from last night. Going back to 2.5.1.202001111631 which worked perfectly for me.

Hello Jonas, Iā€™m using your addon with great joy on my Siemens WM14T6H6NL washing machine.

Version: 2.5.9

Until now, everything Iā€™ve tried with it works.

Iā€™ve ran in a problem today, though. I tried to set a delayed start program on it, but I get the error:

Option BSH.Common.Option.FinishInRelative not supported.

Am I doing something wrong here or is this a known limitation of the addon/developer program?

Could not handle command { "data": { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Sensitive", "options": [ { "key": "BSH.Common.Option.FinishInRelative", "value": 1200, "unit": "seconds" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Common.Option.LoadRecommendation", "value": 6500, "unit": "gram" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Common.Option.VarioPerfect", "value": "LaundryCare.Common.EnumType.VarioPerfect.Off" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.IDos1DosingLevel", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.IDosingLevel.Off" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.IDos2DosingLevel", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.IDosingLevel.Off" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.LessIroning", "value": true }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.Prewash", "value": false }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.SpinSpeed", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.SpinSpeed.RPM800" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.Temperature", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.Temperature.GC60" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.WaterAndRinsePlus", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.WaterAndRinsePlus.Off" } ] } }. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: Conflict, body: { "error": { "key": "SDK.Error.UnsupportedOption", "description": "Option BSH.Common.Option.FinishInRelative not supported" } } (Tried at Sat Oct 24 00:56:54 CEST 2020)

If I remove the FinishInRelative part, and reissue the curl command, the command fails another time, but now on an other part:

Could not handle command { "data": { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Program.Sensitive", "options": [ { "key": "LaundryCare.Common.Option.LoadRecommendation", "value": 6500, "unit": "gram" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Common.Option.VarioPerfect", "value": "LaundryCare.Common.EnumType.VarioPerfect.Off" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.IDos1DosingLevel", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.IDosingLevel.Off" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.IDos2DosingLevel", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.IDosingLevel.Off" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.LessIroning", "value": true }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.Prewash", "value": false }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.SpinSpeed", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.SpinSpeed.RPM800" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.Temperature", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.Temperature.GC60" }, { "key": "LaundryCare.Washer.Option.WaterAndRinsePlus", "value": "LaundryCare.Washer.EnumType.WaterAndRinsePlus.Off" } ] } }. API communication problem! error: Communication error! response code: 409, message: Conflict, body: { "error": { "key": "SDK.Error.UnsupportedOption", "description": "Option LaundryCare.Common.Option.LoadRecommendation not supported" } } (Tried at Sat Oct 24 01:20:39 CEST 2020)

All help is welcome.

I encountered the same problem. I hope I can fix it soon.