Home Connect binding

I am running org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-3.1.0.202101161431.jar without any problems.

/Mike

Strange. Just tested the latest jar with 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT - Build #2169 and it works. Iā€™ve

1. downloaded OH3 zip
  2. extracted it
  3. placed the jar in the addons folder
  4. it worked

Are you running on Linux or Windows. Which Java version are you using?

This could be the cause of the problem. Can you please try it again with the following test jar
https://jb-bucket-34324.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT-test.jar

Thanks, the error disappeared with that version! Iā€™m using the 3.0.1-2 version on debian. x86

Hi donā€™t know what Happens. I deleted the applications and the jar file, tuen i copy the jar file again and now it works. I have Siemens Dishwasher and Dreyer, both Wirkung fine. Thanks a lot for your help

Works on my system (RPI 4, OH 3.01), without any issues.

Hey @jb4711

had some time recently digging a bit deeper into the usage of your binding with OH3 - still awesome work!

I can see lots of informations in the web-interface which isnā€™t available as a channel currently.
e.g. If I look into the API response of Active Program for my hob, the following got returned:

{
	"data": {
		"key": "Cooking.Hob.Program.PowerLevelMode",
		"options": [
			{
				"key": "Cooking.Hob.Option.ZoneSelector",
				"value": "Cooking.Hob.EnumType.ZoneSelector.FrontLeft"
			},
			{
				"key": "Cooking.Hob.Option.PowerLevel",
				"value": "Cooking.Hob.EnumType.PowerLevel.Off"
			},
			{
				"key": "BSH.Common.Option.Duration",
				"value": 0,
				"unit": "seconds"
			},
			{
				"key": "BSH.Common.Option.ElapsedProgramTime",
				"value": 46,
			},
			{
				"key": "BSH.Common.Option.RemainingProgramTime",
				"value": 0,
			},
			{
				"key": "BSH.Common.Option.ProgramProgress",
				"value": 100,
				"unit": "%"
			},
			{
				"key": "Cooking.Hob.Option.JoinZone",
				"value": false
			}
		]
	}
}

Currently only the root key value is returned as a channel and not itā€™s sub-informations, if I got this right?!

Iā€™d be interested to use some of these informations for the creation of custom widgets - is there a way to access these informations in some way from your web-interface, so I can bypass to mess around with the HomeConnect API and its tokens?!

Or maybe itā€™s possible to make these informations available as separate channels in the binding? (which probably will increase the amount of channels a lot, as there are a lot more informations for other appliances)

Thanks for your help!

If we could motivate Jonas to get the code formally accepted into OpenHAB then there would be plenty of other developers (e.g. me) who would be willing to add enhanced features to it. :wink:

:slight_smile:
I think weā€™re about to be accepted as an official binding.

The last couple of weeks I had no time to push it further. But now I have time again.

7 Likes

Does nobody have an idea why my Dryer is not working like with 2.5?
See my post aboveā€¦ Arround one month agoā€¦

Coool.

1 Like

Wow, congrats! Thank you for your time and effort. Iā€™m using your beta addon and itā€™s working flawlessly! :slight_smile:

Great news. Iā€™m very interested in this addon.
Do you know whether you can make it in 3.1 oder 3.2?

I am testing this OH 3 binding with my new EQ.9 coffee maker and so far it is working great.
Thanks for this binding!

Sorry, had no time to check it. Can you please try again with the following version: https://jb-bucket-34324.s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/test-build/org.openhab.binding.homeconnect-3.1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

@jb4711
We just bought a new washer => Siemens IQ700

Integration into Home Connect and openHAB works smooth and straight forward.
But (as there is always a but :slight_smile: )

Once we switch off washer, thing goes offline and all items change to undef :-/
This is entirely different to behaivor of our dishwasher which stays online so you see if door is open, ect. (only program items are empty, which is fine)

Imagine if this is a general issue or the only way how it works with Siemens washer??

Regards

@INT5749 same here. Siemens washer is offline when I switch it off. Siemens oven stays online.
Itā€™s interesting because the washer supports ā€œRemote Control Start Allowedā€. But maybe Siemens wants us to explicitely switch the washer on for some security reasons?

Itā€™s how it works. A washer can only be ONLINE or OFFLINE in openHAB.

https://api-docs.home-connect.com/settings?#power-state

Probably I explained bit wrong

Sure thing it only can be ON or OFF (same than dishwasher) but for dishwasher there is another channel => homeconnect:dishwasher:bridge:dishwasher1:power_state

For WashingMaschine this doesnā€™t exist.

Thing Dishwasher stays online even power_state is OFF

For WashingMaschine there is ā€œonlyā€ homeconnect:washer:bridge:washer1:operation_state which btw also exist for Dishwasher

ā€œIssue/Concernā€ when WashingMaschine is switched off, Thing goes offline :-/

This is same for both devices, you have to turn on and activate remote start. There is no other way to start a whitegod and I agree with your assumption: likely because of Security Reason. But this is not my concern :wink: Itā€™s about thing which goes offline so all Items change to UNDEF :frowning:

No a washer can only be ON. There is no OFF state available. In general a Home Connect device can be in Off, On or Standby mode. Unfortunately, appliances of type washer or dryer only support the On state.

For the openHAB binding a washer can be ONLINE or OFFLINE. If the washer is not ONLINE, the binding doesnā€™t know in which state the machine is. It could be turned off or there might be some WiFi connection problems. While the machine is in this state, it does not receive any status updates etc. This is the reason why some items turn to UNDEF.

@INT5749 do you know if your device is connected to the WiFi network while it is turned off? I only own a dishwasher and a coffee machine. They stay registered while in Off or Standby mode.

No, itā€™s no longer connected to WiFi once switched off. IP getā€™s unused connection in Fritzbox. When switched on there is a WiFi Logo in Display showing that itā€™s connecting to network. Thing than goes online