"Home" pages empty

I have been using OpenHab 2.X for a while now. I am planning to move over to OpenHab 3. Started with a fresh install on a Raspberry PI 4B. Fresh installation using Openhabian.
After setting up the semantic model, I wanted to start the configuration of pages.
Being logged in as admin pages are shown with location, equipment etc., as per doc. However, navigating to http://openhabian:8080 as not logged in user, I get just displayed the overview page, no location tab, no equipment, no properties.

Navigating to http://openhabian:8080/page/home i can see unknown page type in the JS console. I tried this on 3.1 release build and on 3.2.0.M1.

I am really lost. Any help is very much appreciated. Please let me know, what additional infos you would need.

Navigate to Settings → Pages and click on the “Home Page” entry. The first option is “Display model cards to”. Click on that and add a check to both “Administrators” and “Users”. You shouldn’t have to do that but it’s the only think I can think of that would cause the behavior described.

Also, I assume you have not changed the API Security settings?

Thanks a lot for the hints. Unfortunately, that’s not the fix.
That’s how the screen looks like as a not logged in user:

My setting in pages. I have enabled it for users and admins:

When logged in as admin:

That’s the design for the home page:

config:
  label: Home Page
  displayModelCardsTo:
    - role:administrator
    - role:user
  allowChatInputTo:
    - role:administrator
locations:
  - component: oh-locations-tab
    config:
      excludedCards:
        - gEG_WC
        - gCE_WK
    slots:
      gFF_AZ:
        - component: oh-location-card
          config:
            disableBadges: true
            badges:
              - battery
              - lights
              - temperature
              - humidity
              - luminance
      gEG:
          config:
            badges:
              - battery
              - temperature
              - humidity
      gCE_WC:
          config: {}
      gIndoor:
      gCE:
equipment:
  - component: oh-equipment-tab
    slots: {}
properties:
  - component: oh-properties-tab
    slots: {}

And I did not touch API security.

I included a navigation to the home page into the overview page. Navigating to home returns an unknown page type

Any other hints? I am really desperate to get my OpenHab instance lifted to OH3.

When you say you “set up the semantic model”, what exactly did you do? The screenshots make it clear that you at least created the room structure part of the model, but if you haven’t added any items as points then nothing is expected to be shown yet. The UI will not even render any model cards that do not have any associated points.

1 Like

I also created equipment from things and added items as shown here for the admin user:

OK, I think the issue is the:

If I recall, if you have either of these two options selected then these become exclusive options. That is, the only way for non-logged-in viewers (who don’t fall into either the category of user or administrator) to see something is for neither of these options to be checked, then all 3 user-types can see that element.

I guess the assumption here is that there would never be an element that you wanted non-logged-in users to see that the other users could not.

:+1:Thx. That was it. Unchecked both and it works.