HomeKit and Somfy MyLink help

• Platform information:
    • Raspberry PI 4b
    • openHABian
    • openHAB version:2.5.10-1
  • I’m a noob, so please excuse my ignorance. I have been successful in getting Somfy MyLink installed and am able to control blinds in Paper UI control. I Initially used Paper UI to configure and link items but had difficulty understanding how to add HomeKit metadata tags to these items.

I tried using Rest API but didn’t understand the use of namespace and how to format the metadata tag. An example of this would be so helpful.

I created a Somfy.items file and was able to get the blinds displayed in HomeKit. The state tracks the state as shown in Paper UI Control, but clicking on the blinds in Homekit only updates the open state, but the blinds do not move.

My .items file contains the following line
Rollershutter SomfyShadeFamilyRoom_Control “FOOO” {homekit=“WindowCovering”}

Logs show the HomeKit action
2020-11-22 23:50:03.368 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘SomfyShadeFamilyRoom_Control’ received command 0
2020-11-22 23:50:03.376 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SomfyShadeFamilyRoom_Control changed from 100 to 0
2020-11-22 23:50:04.955 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘SomfyShadeFamilyRoom_Control’ received command 100
2020-11-22 23:50:04.959 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - SomfyShadeFamilyRoom_Control changed from 0 to 100

Please help with a working example or point me in the right direction. As I stated I’m a noob to openHAB.

Install the REST documentation from the user interfaces portion of addons. It should help you understand better.

Bruce- Thanks fore the quick reply I have installed the REST documentation. Where I’m stuck is what values go in the fields for “namespace” and “body” for the “Adds metadata to an item” Put function.

Could you give an example. Assume I have an Item named “blinds” and I want to add a homekit metadata tag of “WindowCovering”

Sorry, I do not use Homekit. Perhaps the official documentation can help.

Thanks Bruce. I’ve read the documentation and it only discussed metadata tags in .items files not in the .json files produced by PaperUI.

I’ve worked around that issue by moving Homekit related items into .items files however I can only monitor state but can’t control Somfy blinds. I’m not sure if its a bug in Homekit support, Somfy MyLink add-on, or my configuration. It’s probably me but given the fact that HomeKit is tracking the status I’m not sure.

1 Like