Homekit: configuration example for Fibaro FGR223 rollershutter

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007efecf88bf88> #<Tag:0x00007efecf88bb50>

Hello

I want to use my zwave rollershutter from Fibaro (FGR223) also in the homekit app from Apple. I did the configuration like this:

Rollershutter 	HK_Roller_EG_Buro 	"Rollladen [%d %%]"  	{homekit="WindowCovering, WindowCovering.CurrentPosition, WindowCovering.TargetPosition, WindowCovering.PositionState" [inverted="false"], channel="zwave:device:2e1cf86f:node72:blinds_control"}

With this configuration, the rollershutter do work in the homekit app, but unfortunately somewhat randomly.
Sometimes it goes up, sometimes down, without me being able to see a pattern so far.
Also the position is not displayed correctly.

Can anybody give me an example, how I have to configure the itmes for this type of Fibaro rollershutter?

Thank you and regards,
Phil

what you see in the event.log? which values homekit sends to the item?

when I controll it with the openHAB app (from 0% to 11%), I get this in event.log (Roller_EG_Buro ist the openHAB item, HK_Roller_EG_Buro ist the HomeKit Item with the same channel). In This case, the roller shuter works correctly, and goes to 11%:

2020-09-19 10:20:57.441 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Roller_EG_Buro' received command 11
2020-09-19 10:20:57.443 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 11
2020-09-19 10:20:57.463 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Roller_EG_Buro changed from 97 to 11
2020-09-19 10:20:59.089 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 97 to 4
2020-09-19 10:20:59.092 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Roller_EG_Buro changed from 11 to 4

When I do the same with the Home app (from 0% to 11%), then I get this in the event.log. But when I start, the Home app shows me “8% open”, despite the shutter is realy in position 0%:

2020-09-19 10:27:11.928 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'HK_Roller_EG_Buro' received command 14
2020-09-19 10:27:11.930 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 14
2020-09-19 10:27:11.942 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 8 to 14
2020-09-19 10:27:12.238 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'HK_Roller_EG_Buro' received command 16
2020-09-19 10:27:12.241 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 16
2020-09-19 10:27:12.260 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 14 to 16
2020-09-19 10:27:12.703 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - fboxUptime changed from 2447 to 2513
2020-09-19 10:27:13.137 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'HK_Roller_EG_Buro' received command 14
2020-09-19 10:27:13.139 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 14
2020-09-19 10:27:13.162 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 16 to 14
2020-09-19 10:27:13.439 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'HK_Roller_EG_Buro' received command 12
2020-09-19 10:27:13.444 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 12
2020-09-19 10:27:13.469 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 14 to 12
2020-09-19 10:27:13.895 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'HK_Roller_EG_Buro' received command 10
2020-09-19 10:27:13.898 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 10
2020-09-19 10:27:13.921 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 12 to 10
2020-09-19 10:27:14.820 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'HK_Roller_EG_Buro' received command 11
2020-09-19 10:27:14.822 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro predicted to become 11
2020-09-19 10:27:14.843 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 10 to 11
2020-09-19 10:27:16.480 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - HK_Roller_EG_Buro changed from 11 to 4
2020-09-19 10:27:16.484 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Roller_EG_Buro changed from 8 to 4

There are many updates during moving the slider. HomeKit does already some updates during moving the slider.
When openhab/homekit are finished with this action, the rollershutter stands at position 11%, but the HomeKit app shows 4%. So I think the controll of the rollershutter is working now, but the position showed is not correct.

So, I think its not a homekit issue, but an zwave one. I have to check the zwave configuration first, since the position showed is also not correct in the openhab app. I did not regocnice this yet.

1 Like

I could solve the problem as described here:

Using blinds_control1 instead of blinds_control