Homekit - Could not find existing MAC

Thanks eugen, I really appreciate you spending time on this.
Is this fix something I can try - or do I have to wait until it is published?

thanks. this is the use case we have not tested with new redesigned homekit biding yet - a group with homekit=“Lighting” which has items with homekit=“Lighting” inside.
we test and report here.

i could reproduce your issue with missing homekit items. basically if lighting is attached to the group and ignore the items inside of the group. im working on a fix, will take few days. i will post here once the fix is available.

That’s great, thanks. I assume that this has nothing to do with the missing Mac issue?

no, it is not related to the mac issue.

Just tested by removing the HomeKit tag from the group items, and now all tagged items are visible to Home.
That was the issue! :grinning:

I have just updated to 2.5.6 Release and this problem seems to have been resolved.
I am very grateful for the work done on this. BIG thanks to @yfre

1 Like

@Hobohome thanks for the feedback and testing. happy to hear that mac issue seems to be finally solved

Unfortunately I’m experiencing the same issue with a fresh installation of OpenHAB 3.0 stable again. First I thought something went wrong with my Docker configuration so I tried out Openhabian. Same result

Edit: After a few reboots and no changes on the HomeKit config it seems to be working. I can’t reproduce the problem anymore even if I want…interesting