Homekit Integration OH3

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently update my automation system from OH2 to OH3 and I notice some configurations changed regarding Homekit integration.

In the past (OH2) I was used to use this kind of textual configuration to my devices and works very well:

Switch Tasmota_20_1 “Tomada A [%s]” (g_quarto, g_device, g_tomada [“Switchable”] { channel=“mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Tasmota_20:power1” }

Now, reading the documentation (HomeKit Add-on - System Integrations | openHAB) I notice somethings changed and for textual configuration I should use like this:

Switch Tasmota_20_1 “Tomada A [%s]” (g_quarto, g_device, g_tomada [homekit=“Switchable”] { channel=“mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Tasmota_20:power1” }

But when I saved I’m receiving failing message as below:

2021-09-24 09:17:36.069 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘z3_device.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [45,9]: mismatched input ‘=’ expecting ‘]’

Following the instruction, I add the metadata Switchable by MainUI and works ok, but I would like to do it by textual…

Could you please help me to understand what I’m missing?
Thank you in advance,
Thomaz

Hi,
I am not sure about this, but I think you have to use the { }

You can try:

Switch Tasmota_20_1 “Tomada A [%s]” (g_quarto, g_device, g_tomada {homekit=“Switchable”} { channel=“mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Tasmota_20:power1” }
1 Like

@dirkdirk has it almost right.

When OH 2.5 was released Homkit moved away from using tags to using Item metadata. Item metadata goes between the same { } as your channel link.

Switch Tasmota_20_1 “Tomada A [%s]” (g_quarto, g_device, g_tomada { homekit=“Switchable” channel=“mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Tasmota_20:power1” }

I can’t remember if a comma is required between the entries or not. I’ve long since abandoned .items files.

Dears, works fine now! Thank you for your support!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 41 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.