HomeKit Integration - Pairing Problems

Hi sebasanblas,

yes I tried everything together, but didn’t work :sob:
I have installed OpenHab 2.5.0-M3 and iOS 13.1.2

yes you are right but

2019-10-04 15:08:22.182 [INFO ] [.hap.impl.http.impl.AccessoryHandler] - Terminated homekit connection from /192.168.1.111:49365

tells that my iPhone terminated the connection. After this message OpenHab isn’t available in the home app. I have to delete the homekit.json in openhab2/jsondb/ an restart OpenHab.

thanks for your help

and delete the related files in the folder jsondb-> backup

I’m having the exact same issue. I had an iPad running iOS 10.3.4 and OH 2.4.0.1, this was working perfect, except I had the issue I could not invite my iPhone or other users to use Apple Home.
So removed everything from the (old) iPad to setup everything on my new iPhone 11 running iOS 13.1.2. and the idea was to invite the old iPad to use Home instead, to close the loop.

But this does not work. I’m unable to pair the OH as an accessory on my iPhone 11 running iOS 13.1.2. I tried everything, it just does not work. I can see the accessory on my iPhone when pairing but it does not pair.

So I gave up and added the OH accessory back on my old iPad, this worked immediately.

So I guess the HomeKIT binding does not work with iOS 13 or in combination with the new iPhones.

yes also deleted the backups.
I also have an ATV4 paired in the Home app.
Today evening i will delet the ATV and try the whole stepps again. I don’t think this will have an effect but hope dies last.

No didn’t work. I now have an old iPhone 5s, I will try to connect this one and maybe I will have the Items also on my new iPhone.
But anyway there should be a solution for pairing with iOS 13. I’m sure that will be not the last time that I have ti pair OpenHab!
Maybe it would be good to invite someone here who has credits in this Add-on? I read a lot of a guy “beowulfe” but I have no clue how to invite.

There problem is known and solved upstream.

1 Like

:ok_hand:

If someone wants to give it a try: [link removed, not working] contains an updated HAP-Java with the fix for iOS 13.

@J-N-K I’m having the same issue with your updated jar. See errors below. I’m running iOS 13.1.2 and openHAB 2.5.0 Build #1697 for Windows.

‘’’
2019-10-14 15:26:42.782 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/C:/openhab/addons/org.openhab.io.homekit-hap-1.2.0.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [323]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: io.netty.bootstrap; version="[4.1.0,5.0.0)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startAllBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1221) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:515) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

‘’’

Does anyone have an updated build?

None that works with pairing. I‘m working on that.

1 Like

@J-N-K I got it working yesterday on iOS 13 with the default one from the repo, after a few tries. But I’ve lost contact items which is a bummer.

Marco,
I have the exact same problems as you, and tried the same fixes without luck. Funny enough I am also in the progress of migrating a working openhab/homekit to a new Rpi4…bad idea I guess…
Did you find a solution?
Cheers,
Peter

Is there a new solution for this?

No. Not yet.

Hi Jan, do you investigating into the problem?
Do you have an idea if or when it will work again?

I have a version that might work. If you want to test:

• install latest snapshot version
  • on karaf console: bundle:list | grep -i homekit, get bundle number (first column)
  • on karaf console: bundle:update <number> https://janessa.me/esh/org.openhab.io.homekit-hap.jar
  • on karaf console: bundle:restart <number>
  • on karaf console: bundle:list | grep -i homekit, state should be Active

Good luck.

2 Likes

Hi Jan,

if I follow your instructions I get a netty related error:

openhab> bundle:restart 239
Error executing command: Error restarting bundles:
Unable to start bundle 239: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [239]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: io.netty.bootstrap; version=“[4.1.0,5.0.0)”

openhab> bundle:list | grep ki
239 x Installed x 80 x 2.5.0.201911161909 x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: IO :: Homekit

Background:
I installed a fresh Openhabian on my RPI4 and added HomeKit.

System Info:
OpenHab Ver: 2.4.0
jet active HomeKit Ver: 2.4.0
Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4

iOS
I also verified like others that it is an issue related to iOS13.
Tried Setup with iPhone 11 iOS13 - no luck at all - not able to add OpenHab in Home App
Tried Setup with iPhone 6 running iOS 12.4.1 and shared via iCloud - works on iOS 12 and 13

rgds,
Stefan

It will not work on 2.4 our if the box, that’s why I said „latest Snapshot“. Latest milestone might work, too.

You can install netty manually, though.

Hi Jan,

Your updated version seems to work on the latest milestone build (2.5M4). I managed to install the bundle successfully. After a few clean-ups and restarts I could add openhab accessory on iOS 13.2.2. Thanks a lot!

Still figuring out how I can use it (first time I managed to create the link).

Regards,
Marco.