Homekit Metadata for Aeotec Lightbulb

When adding Homekit Metadata for an Aeotec Lighbtulb I get a warning that I should have assigned an OnState.

2022-08-24 19:57:30.167 [WARN ] [.accessories.HomekitAccessoryFactory] - Accessory of type Lighting must have following characteristics [OnState]. Found only []
2022-08-24 19:57:30.169 [WARN ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Cannot create accessory Item:BuitenNoordLumidora1 (Type=GroupItem, Members=4, State=NULL, Label=Buiten Noord - Lumidora 1, Category=lightbulb, Tags=[Lightbulb], Groups=[lNoord])  HomeKit type: 'Lighting' characteristic: 'Empty'

The configuration of the Lightbulb does not have an OnState. How doo I solve this?

Thanks in advance!

assign it to Color Control. this one usually includes the onState. alternatively try the dimmer

I filled in and selected the following:

Then I hit “Update group members” and I get the same error when I save the Metadata.

2022-08-24 22:00:41.507 [WARN ] [.accessories.HomekitAccessoryFactory] - Accessory of type Lighting must have following characteristics [OnState]. Found only []
2022-08-24 22:00:41.509 [WARN ] [mekit.internal.HomekitChangeListener] - Cannot create accessory Item:BuitenNoordLumidora1 (Type=GroupItem, Members=4, State=NULL, Label=Buiten Noord - Lumidora 1, Category=lightbulb, Tags=[Lightbulb], Groups=[lNoord])  HomeKit type: 'Lighting' characteristic: 'Empty'

strange.
what is the name of the openhab group the metadata is attached to? BuitenNoordLumidora1?
can you show me the complete group?
what you see in the tab “code” ?

btw, you can assign the same item to multiple characterstics, e.g. ColorControl can be assigned to Hue and Saturation as well, it can handle it.

This is the code

value: Lighting
config: {}

thanks. the screenshots looks like the semantic model for me. you need to have a similar group.
how you item "Buiten Noord " looks like?

e.g. here is how a group looks like on my side (it is group tagged as HomeKit thermostat and has multiple items as members)

you need to have a similar group / view for your Buiten Noord Lumidora 1

Like this

This is the group config. There is {} in config for the Metadata, but it remembers the members.

perfect. your group looks correct.
regarding metadata - it stores it at items, i.e. Color Control should have homekit tag with OnState.
you can also add homekit tag at item directly.
i.e.
please check whether Color Control has any homekit tag, if not, please add onState there manually via UI (as you did it for group)

That’s a lot of work. I have about 40 of them. Is there a workaround to apply the same pattern to a series of lights?

unfortunately, the initial configuration is manual work.
usage of textual configuration would allow copy&paste, but still, you need to define all 40 groups.

do you really have multiple items representing one light? often a light can be represented by one Color Item, in such case, you dont need a group and can tag the Color Item as “lightning” and openHAB will automatically attach OnState, Hue, Brightness, Saturation to that item.