Homekit - Openhab 3.1 with Docker

Hello

i try to set up homekit at the moment and i fail to do so …
i am running openhab in a docker container on a mac mini server and using the latest snapshot 3.1 M3.
Unfortunately i cannot get it to work.
I use textual configuration and used the IP of my mac mini.
I also tried to comment out the line where the ip is set up (because the docs say when not configured it uses an OH preset).
No matter what i try - scanning the QR provided by the UI nor manually typing in the code - the bridge will not get discovered.

I did also try to forward the port 9123 from the docker machine but i cannot get it to run.

Do you have any hints for me?

Thanks!

Regards

Jonas

homekit.cfg:

org.openhab.homekit:port=9123
org.openhab.homekit:pin=some random code ie. XXX-XX-XXX
org.openhab.homekit:useFahrenheitTemperature=false
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatTargetModeCool=CoolOn
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatTargetModeHeat=HeatOn
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatTargetModeAuto=Auto
org.openhab.homekit:thermostatTargetModeOff=Off
org.openhab.homekit:networkInterface=IP of MacMini
org.openhab.homekit:useOHmDNS=false
org.openhab.homekit:name=openHAB

Hi Jonas,

configuration looks correct. if you cannot see openhab in home app, then it is usually an issue with the network - maybe you mac mini and iphone are in different subnetwork and multicast is blocked between these 2 networks… e.g. in my case in had to enable multicast on my unifi router to make openhab visible to wifi devices.

try to test with discovery app which mDNS devices you can see on your iphone (see HomeKit Add-on - System Integrations | openHAB)

Eugen

1 Like

Hello

i switched my system to virtual box and i am running ubuntu with the openhabian config.
I managed to get it going but i am having issues at reboot and after editing the items-file.

i opened a new topic on this:

But maybe it’s related to:

as well …

thank you