Homekit Service just stops working

I’m running into the same issues. Has anybody found a solution yet?

I now disabled ipv6, we’ll see …

For me it didnt work out…I hope I really stopped ipv6, but Homekit still stops working.

no solution for me so far.

Seems to work here for three days by now.

Maybe you can describe exactly how you did disable ipv6. Maybe there is a difference (for me at least). Up to now, still my homekit stops working every day. For me it seems to be connected to the presence “inhouse” of the homekit device iphone and/or ipad.

If this is the same problem I’m seeing, every day to every couple days (unsure of a pattern at this time) Openhab2 entirely become unresponsive. The zwave controller and items all appears online, but no changes are pushed. The zwave binding fails to log ANYTHING to the log. And all this follows the same java exception crash pasted above. Somehow Homekit is killing openhab…

Anyone made any progress on figuring this out? It just stops after having worked for a while. Restarting openhab doesn’t fix it. I have to clear the pairings and re-configure them all to get it working again, which is a real pain.

Not me :confused:
The only thing is, that a restart of the bundle via karaf is working. so no need (at the moment…) to restart the whole OH service. But the rest is still as it was before :frowning:

Are you still handling the homekit things, @beowulfe ?

I am still in the same problem hoping for new release via snapshot, but I believe the development stopped somehow. Would it make sens to raise an issue? Or is it useless?

I still in need to get this working :frowning:

br
Stefan

Just a short update on this bad behavior:

I installed a week ago BlueZ 5.45 and from then my HomeKit Service works without any problems!

http://www.bluez.org/download/

I changed to things with this:

1. Update to 5.45 from 5.43
  2. I did NOT use “–experimental” as mentioned in the installation instruction, but standard
pi@raspberrypi3:~ $ sudo systemctl status bluetooth.service 
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sa 2017-07-01 06:00:07 CEST; 4h 21min ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
 Main PID: 3689 (bluetoothd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─3689 /usr/local/libexec/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Jul 01 06:00:07 raspberrypi3 systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Jul 01 06:00:07 raspberrypi3 bluetoothd[3689]: Bluetooth daemon 5.45
Jul 01 06:00:07 raspberrypi3 bluetoothd[3689]: Starting SDP server
Jul 01 06:00:07 raspberrypi3 systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Jul 01 06:00:07 raspberrypi3 bluetoothd[3689]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized

Didnt notice that bluetooth restarts at 06:00 AM ? but anyway, at the moment this combination works as expected!!!

Maybe it will help others as well.

br
Stefan

I’m not sure how but I think this also fixed my problem. Thanks!

I’m also experiencing this issue. It appears to happen whenever my router reboots (so the pi drops offline and comes back). bundle:restart xxx does fix the issue.

I’m really confused at how installing bluez would help. Doesn’t seem to make any sense. Homekit is all over Wifi, right?

Did anyone find out what the root cause could be?
I’ve gone through all the suggestions google could find and even reinstalled openhab but to no avail…

Does anybody has news from this. I’m running OpenHab on a Rspberry pi zero W and after I restart the PI, homekit stops working and every accesory says ‘No response’ (iPad Mini 2 iOS 11.4)

I have another OpenHab installation running on a Raspebrry Model 3 B+ and when I accidentaly disconnect the PI, when it restarts it always says ‘No response’. In that case i have to ssh into the PI, run ‘sudo reboot’ and then it starts working again when is completely booted again.

In my Raspi Zero, even restarting the PI does not work. :frowning:

Same issue here, but with one difference. As in the last few month, Homekit just said “no response” on all devices (on my iPhone with iOS 12). Switching to my iPad (iOS12), everything works fine (same Apple ID). Im working with an ATV4 as a hub for the other iOS devices, we are using in the family. Theyre all not working anymore right now. In the past I allways had to clean the binding in Karaf and hat to pray, that a several restarts later everything is back in the business. But as I wrote, why is it working on iPad anyway??? Jesco