Homekit/Siri openHAB 2 integration

Hi there,

i have just installed openHABian 1.4.1 and upgraded openHAB to 2.4.0 snapshot.
Also i installed the Homekit Integration through Paper UI and configured it. The openHAB Bridge is connected to the Homekit on my Home App, but no items are shown yet. I also tried to add the Homebridge-openhab2 Plugin in the Raspberry Homebridge, but this one is also not working.
What i am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Christian

i don’ t know how you do it in paperui, but to expose items (like a light switch) to homekit I had to add [“lighting”] to my items file. I don’t know what the equivalent is in paperui.

Hello,

thank you very much. I uninstalled the openHab2 Bridge on my Raspberry again and just installed the openHAB2 Homekit Support. After i set up the Homekit Tags via REST API everything works fine for me.

Best regards
Christian

I’ve given up on the official homekit integration, and hacked a quick bridge between openhab and homekit using HAP-NodeJS. For my use case - wanting to trigger scenes like “good morning” - it works perfectly and without too much trouble - or indeed more than elementary knowledge of nodejs.

Let me know if anyone else is interested and I’ll post a short tutorial.

Hello Dan,

i am very insterested in your turotial about HAP-NodeJS.
Please post it here.

Thank you very much

Regards
Christian

Sure. My brilliant solution just stopped working. Let me keep an eye on it, and I’ll report back when I’ve found/fixed whatever the problem is.

I’ve posted my hacked-together solution: More reliable Homekit alternative using a simple nodejs bridge

Thank you, i will test this