HomeKit: support for additional accessory types

Yes, you can

1 Like

Applied the custom maihacke version to a 2.3 Stable version and all is working fine

Process

• Uninstalled the homekit service in the UI
  • remove the connection from the apple device by removing home
  • restart openhab
  • Login to the karaf console
  • verify that the bundle is uninstalled with bundle:list
  • reapply clear pairing and unautheticated access
  • reconnect on the apple device

Two points that are key for succesfuly deploy this binding for me

Install HomeKit via UI (to install dependencies)
Stop HomeKit via Karaf
Copy the new binding in addons folder
Wait a minute to be installed
Start the new binding
Clear Painrings
Add new device on apple device

Using the “standard” homekit Binding (2.3 without blinds, with OH 2.3), i switched to the version of https://community.openhab.org/u/maihacke above.

Cleared the pairing as described above, setting and coupling the new binding - it worked … including the blinds. I was happy - for an half hour. Then homekit lost the connection (red tag “no response” “Keine Antwort”). I was not able to bring it back to work. So - no homekit anymore. This binding is unstable and users waste to much time with it.

I can’t figure out the cause of the problem:

• network settings
  • iCloud settings
  • different combination of iOS versions and iOS devices
  • changes of Apple within the HomeKit System

A reliable working homekit Binding would be phantastic! :slight_smile:

Try restarting openHAB. I had a similar experience after I connected it first to HomeKit. Now it is running stable for days and connects fine even if I am away from home.

Of course i did this. Thank you!

Kind of a workaround:

cleared pairing in OH and in the HomeKit App on the iOS device. Restarted OH.
The i used another device (not the same then before!), here my iPad. The it worked.
Also, it seemed to help: saving the .item file again. This seemed to refresh the HomeKit items and to trigger the HomeKit Binding for a new “scan” and “publish” of the items to the app. But i’m not sure.

Hello all,

perhaps you can try this - I got my rollershutters open - I build a varsion based on beowulfe and maihacke commits against 2.3.0 tag.

https://github.com/epike/openhab2-addons/releases/download/2.3.0/org.openhab.io.homekit-2.3.0.jar

1 Like

I updated to openhab 2.3.0 several weeks ago. My original 2.2.0 binding-version is still working with openhab 2.3.0 here.

1 Like

Hi,

Im quite new here. Can anyone please explain me how to install the custom version for rollershutter and homekit support. Im wuite a noob :wink: That would be really nice. Thank you very much!

Nip

I would also be interested in a little warm-up, how this works. Should I delete the built-in HomeKit support? What does these forks has besides beowulfe’s version? Rollershutter, different lamps, what??

Thanks!

Continuing the discussion from HomeKit: support for additional accessory types:

HI

I can see the blinds icon in “Home” on my phone , switch & dimmer & temp. work well but Only “Blind” no work … ( Can see the Blinds Reading same as paperUI ) I’m using the the KNXshutter & work well in basicUI & paperUI …

Rollershutter Shutter_GF_Kitchen “Kitchen” (GF_Kitchen, Shutters)[ “Blinds” ] { channel=“knx:device:bridge:Siemems_RollerShutter:demoRollershutter2” }

I check the log show as below when I control it on the phone :

2018-08-04 18:28:44.948 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_GF_Living’ received command 61
2018-08-04 18:28:45.108 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_GF_Living changed from 54 to 61
2018-08-04 18:28:45.293 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_GF_Living changed from 61 to 14

& Here is the the log which I control in paper UI

2018-08-04 18:29:09.258 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_GF_Living’ received command DOWN

2018-08-04 18:29:10.680 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_GF_Living’ received command STOP

2018-08-04 18:29:11.226 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_GF_Living changed from 14 to 17

am I did something wrong??

Thanks
Leo

Hey @beowulfe - Thanks for all your hard work!

Was just glancing through changes of 2.4 Milestone 5 build and it looks like OH is getting some of the ESH ontology / semantics that I believe have been causing some issues for HomeKit in OH2.

Does this mean that it will be easier for new item types on HomeKit add-on?

Thanks,
JMac

Hello,
do shutters work with the Homekit version 2.4.0.M5?

Hi,

Update:
In the official version of HomeKit it is not managed

It works in the modified version 2.3.0, it is managed as “Blinds” tags
https://community.openhab.org/t/homekit-support-for-additional-accessory-types/19344/71
https://github.com/epike/openhab2-addons/releases

Truly a pity that it is not managed, I wonder why

Hi!

i´m working with your version postet above. i´ve tried several things to get my rollershutters to work. my items-file contains 72 items. serverals lights, switches and rollershutters. the most is knx.
When i try to get homekit to work with all items, i will get a “no response” notification on every item and no item will work.
but when i delete the blinds from the items-file, the homekit-app shows every item left in the file without any issues. Everthings works fine.
I think the main problem of this is the use of the [“Blinds”] - Tags.
Is there anything what i missed in my setup?

My openhab version is 2.3.0 - homekit with iOS12.1.1

Many Thanks

I had similar issues when Item IDs where duplicated. So check if you defined two or more items with the same id.

i´ve double checked this - no duplicates. I defined the blinds like this:

Rollershutter rollo_ost_wohnen_links “Rollo Wohnen Ost links [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_ost_wohnen_links”}

Rollershutter rollo_ost_wohnen_rechts “Rollo Wohnen Ost rechts [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_ost_wohnen_rechts”}

Rollershutter rollo_sued_wohnen_schmal “Rollo Wohnen Süd links [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_sued_wohnen_schmal”}

Rollershutter rollo_sued_wohnen_gross “Rollo Wohnen Süd rechts [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_sued_wohnen_gross”}

Rollershutter rollo_west_wohnen_links “Rollo Wohnen West links [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_west_wohnen_links”}

Rollershutter rollo_west_wohnen_rechts “Rollo Wohnen West rechts [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_west_wohnen_rechts”}

ok, i´ve been testing a lot of scenarios regarding this topics and find this out ( depending rollershutter ):

My thing consits up to 11 types. All rollershutters. when i´m limiting the number of rollershutters down to 5 it will work.
that means, that all devices are always online. Even when i´m closing the homekit App and start again.
as soon as i´m raising the nummer of rollershutters over 5, it will break. that means, that all items ( rollershutters, lights etc. ) are getting the state “refreshing”. in this case they are all unusable.

is it possible, that ( in case of rollershutters ) the number of types is limited?
or rather, is there something, what you especially have to do, when you define a blinds-actor.
( my definition is e.g.:
Thing device hager_rollo “Rolloaktor” @ “KNX” [
address=“0.2.2”,
fetch=true,
autoupdate=false,
pingInterval=300,
readInterval=3600
] {
/* types go here */
}

can somebody confirm this behaviour?

I have more than 5 rollershutters and no special config. So can’t confirm :wink:

strange… any ideas what this behaviour can be influenced by