HomeKit: support for additional accessory types

Hi,

Im quite new here. Can anyone please explain me how to install the custom version for rollershutter and homekit support. Im wuite a noob :wink: That would be really nice. Thank you very much!

Nip

I would also be interested in a little warm-up, how this works. Should I delete the built-in HomeKit support? What does these forks has besides beowulfe’s version? Rollershutter, different lamps, what??

Thanks!

Continuing the discussion from HomeKit: support for additional accessory types:

HI

I can see the blinds icon in “Home” on my phone , switch & dimmer & temp. work well but Only “Blind” no work … ( Can see the Blinds Reading same as paperUI ) I’m using the the KNXshutter & work well in basicUI & paperUI …

Rollershutter Shutter_GF_Kitchen “Kitchen” (GF_Kitchen, Shutters)[ “Blinds” ] { channel=“knx:device:bridge:Siemems_RollerShutter:demoRollershutter2” }

I check the log show as below when I control it on the phone :

2018-08-04 18:28:44.948 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_GF_Living’ received command 61
2018-08-04 18:28:45.108 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_GF_Living changed from 54 to 61
2018-08-04 18:28:45.293 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_GF_Living changed from 61 to 14

& Here is the the log which I control in paper UI

2018-08-04 18:29:09.258 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_GF_Living’ received command DOWN

2018-08-04 18:29:10.680 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item ‘Shutter_GF_Living’ received command STOP

2018-08-04 18:29:11.226 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Shutter_GF_Living changed from 14 to 17

am I did something wrong??

Thanks
Leo

Hey @beowulfe - Thanks for all your hard work!

Was just glancing through changes of 2.4 Milestone 5 build and it looks like OH is getting some of the ESH ontology / semantics that I believe have been causing some issues for HomeKit in OH2.

Does this mean that it will be easier for new item types on HomeKit add-on?

Thanks,
JMac

Hello,
do shutters work with the Homekit version 2.4.0.M5?

Hi,

Update:
In the official version of HomeKit it is not managed

It works in the modified version 2.3.0, it is managed as “Blinds” tags
https://community.openhab.org/t/homekit-support-for-additional-accessory-types/19344/71
https://github.com/epike/openhab2-addons/releases

Truly a pity that it is not managed, I wonder why

Hi!

i´m working with your version postet above. i´ve tried several things to get my rollershutters to work. my items-file contains 72 items. serverals lights, switches and rollershutters. the most is knx.
When i try to get homekit to work with all items, i will get a “no response” notification on every item and no item will work.
but when i delete the blinds from the items-file, the homekit-app shows every item left in the file without any issues. Everthings works fine.
I think the main problem of this is the use of the [“Blinds”] - Tags.
Is there anything what i missed in my setup?

My openhab version is 2.3.0 - homekit with iOS12.1.1

Many Thanks

I had similar issues when Item IDs where duplicated. So check if you defined two or more items with the same id.

i´ve double checked this - no duplicates. I defined the blinds like this:

Rollershutter rollo_ost_wohnen_links “Rollo Wohnen Ost links [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_ost_wohnen_links”}

Rollershutter rollo_ost_wohnen_rechts “Rollo Wohnen Ost rechts [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_ost_wohnen_rechts”}

Rollershutter rollo_sued_wohnen_schmal “Rollo Wohnen Süd links [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_sued_wohnen_schmal”}

Rollershutter rollo_sued_wohnen_gross “Rollo Wohnen Süd rechts [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_sued_wohnen_gross”}

Rollershutter rollo_west_wohnen_links “Rollo Wohnen West links [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_west_wohnen_links”}

Rollershutter rollo_west_wohnen_rechts “Rollo Wohnen West rechts [%d %%]” (gRollosWohnenKueche,gRolloEG,gAlleRollos) [“Blinds”] {channel=“knx:device:bridge:hager_rollo2:rollo_west_wohnen_rechts”}

ok, i´ve been testing a lot of scenarios regarding this topics and find this out ( depending rollershutter ):

My thing consits up to 11 types. All rollershutters. when i´m limiting the number of rollershutters down to 5 it will work.
that means, that all devices are always online. Even when i´m closing the homekit App and start again.
as soon as i´m raising the nummer of rollershutters over 5, it will break. that means, that all items ( rollershutters, lights etc. ) are getting the state “refreshing”. in this case they are all unusable.

is it possible, that ( in case of rollershutters ) the number of types is limited?
or rather, is there something, what you especially have to do, when you define a blinds-actor.
( my definition is e.g.:
Thing device hager_rollo “Rolloaktor” @ “KNX” [
address=“0.2.2”,
fetch=true,
autoupdate=false,
pingInterval=300,
readInterval=3600
] {
/* types go here */
}

can somebody confirm this behaviour?

I have more than 5 rollershutters and no special config. So can’t confirm :wink:

strange… any ideas what this behaviour can be influenced by

I have the same problem. I have 8 roller shutters and the last 2 are not connected in HomeKit.

maybe we could compare the things, items - definition to find out, whats the difference
My setup is OH2.3 with homekit integration 2.3.0 (org.openhab.io.homekit-2.3.0.jar)
@maihacke how do you setup your rollershutters?

II use node-red to interface with homekit
But homekit updates are dead?

Using openhab 2.3 with “my” homekit jar

Example for Item definition

Rollershutter Shutter_EG_Wohnen_Schiebetuer	    "Wohnen Terrasse [MAP(shutter.scale):%s]"	<sofa>  	(Shutters, Shutters_EG, Shutters_Sued, Shutters_Wohnen_Schiebetuer)    ["Blinds"] {channel="zwave:device:f057dadd:node5:blinds_control"}

The modified version with blinds to me worked, protocol Openwebnet 2.x, but too many problems and too many things not managed … in the end I changed, I suggest you to change too.

@gozilla01
Thanks,
what exactly have you changed?

Hallo @maihacke
In my addons-folder there is this file located at the moment.
org.openhab.io.homekit-2.3.0.jar
Should i leave it there or replace it with “your” file?

I do not know if you know him, I’ve just started.
I’m making changes to the flow for integrated node-red with Openhab to manage Home apps (Lights, Blinds, Door, etc …)
I did a lot of testing and a lot of time with Openhab’s Homekit binding, too many problems and lack of accessories.
Above all there is no news on future updates, it seems a dead binding, I hope to be wrong…

1 Like