HomeKit: support for additional accessory types

I think that is not possible, extric99.
I’d like to know if there are already implemented more item things than the roller shutter and if yes, how to tag them.

Thank you!

Is it inverted only in homekit or even in openhab?

Stopping is not implemented. I’m wondering if homekit does support it at all. looking at the given UI in iOS there is no stop button.

There is a HoldPosition characteristic in the protocol, but when I looked in iOS 10 it wasn’t available in the Home app. If someone has an app that’s capable of using it that I can test with, I’d be happy to add it.

I know this is off the topic of roller shutters, but can we add more sensors? (i.e. contact, motion, smoke detector) This would be really great!

i was wondering that as well.

just in homekit.
i used the other version not from mailhacke so it worked the way i want it to work :wink:

Hi all

do i need the version from mailhacke or does it work with the actual version that i can install in PaperUI?

Thx

i don’t know but why don’t you just try it with the version provided in paperUI?

1 Like

I installed the jar. file from @maihacke . Now i can see the rollershutter in the homekit app.
But the problem is the problem is, the shutters do not work!
Under the Shutter icon the hole time stands “update/aktualisieren”
Someone know why?
This is the .item file :
Rollershutter Rollo_kueche “Rollo Küche” [ “Blinds” ] {knx=“1/3/3”}

But “Switchable” it works!

Maybe the homekit objet need the Knx roller shutter position to work?

And how i give them the position?

Hello is it possible to use the socket symbol in Homekit?

I have installed this and it works on my door locks and garage doors using the SWITCHABLE tag, but I have to use the ON and OFF commands instead of OPEN/CLOSE and LOCK/UNLOCK. Is there a way to add an alias to the ON/OFF to where it also recognizes OPEN/CLOSE and LOCK/UNLOCK? There is a discussion in the Openhab community about standardized nomenclature for Homekit that has been going on for a year but doesn’t seem to be making much progress.

Hello,

i have just updated the addon but I got the following erros in the log

2018-04-17 21:52:50.112 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-action-astro, openhab-misc-myopenhab, openhab-voice-freetts': Error restarting bundles:
	Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [220]
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.2.0.201801071500"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.io.homekit"; singleton:="true"

2018-04-17 21:53:02.091 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-action-astro, openhab-misc-myopenhab, openhab-voice-freetts': Error restarting bundles:
  Another singleton bundle selected: osgi.identity; type="osgi.bundle"; version:Version="2.2.0.201801071500"; osgi.identity="org.openhab.io.homekit"; singleton:="true"

2018-04-17 21:53:33.045 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-action-astro, openhab-misc-myopenhab, openhab-voice-freetts': Error restarting bundles:

2018-04-17 21:54:36.769 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-action-astro, openhab-misc-myopenhab, openhab-voice-freetts': Error restarting bundles:

And a freuquent “update/aktualisieren” in my home app. It was working proper for lights before the update of the addon.

How I did my update:

1. Login in PaperUi and deinstalled homekit
  2. Moved to WinSCP and copied the homekit snapshopt 2.2 to addon Folder
/usr/share/openhab2/addons
  1. Added “Blinds” to my shutter config in .item file like this
Rollershutter Shutter_EG_WC_Front  "Gaeste WC Vorne"  (EG_WC, Shutters)   [ "Blinds" ] {knx="1/2/36, 1/2/37"}
  1. Restart OH2

Dose some has a hint for me?
MisterBop
THX

It seems I have done something wrong with the de-installaion in the first step. In PaperUi I frequently now get the follwing message “extension homekit integration uninstalled”.

How can I clean that up again now?

by the way I used the file based configuration. I have now shut down OH2, deleted "homekit in the misc part of the addon.conf and restarted.

No Change. Same Problem. Only positive Thing I have no Errors anymore in the obenhab.log

Any Idea?

Puh. I am back where I have been started.

Question:

How do I install the Snapshot if I use file based configuration?

1. Deinstall HomeKit via PaperUI + Stop OH2 via putty
  2. Update addon.config and remove “HomeKit”
  3. Start OH2 via putty
  4. Stop OH2 again
  5. Add “HomeKit” in addon.conf
  6. Copy via WinSCP snapshot to Addon Folder
  7. Start OH2

Correct?

Problem now…PaperUi is ok. HomeKit apears installed. Config in UI is still available for HomeKit, but I can not Pair… Grr.

If I whant to clear Pairing in Putty I got the following message:

Welcome to            __  _____    ____  _
            ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )(_)___ _____
           / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  / / __ `/ __ \
          / /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ / / /_/ / / / /
          \____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/_/\__,_/_/ /_/
              /_/
                  openHAB 2.2.0-1 (Release Build)

Looking for a place to get started? Check out 'sudo openhabian-config' and the
documentation at http://docs.openhab.org/installation/openhabian.html
The openHAB dashboard can be reached at http://openHABianPi:8080
To interact with openHAB on the command line, execute: 'openhab-cli --help'

[23:48:59] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ [23:43:13] openhabian@openHABianPi:~$ smarthome:homekit clearPairings
-bash: [23:43:13]: command not found

_And following error in openhab.log

2018-04-17 23:52:16.289 [ERROR] [core.karaf.internal.FeatureInstaller] - Failed installing 'openhab-action-astro, openhab-misc-myopenhab, openhab-voice-freetts': Error restarting bundles:
	Could not resolve module: org.openhab.io.homekit [222]

So now I amrealy again on the starting Point. Homekit works again without any Errors.

Question:

Which steps do I Need to go to install the SnapShot Addon (I use text configuration as I was comming form OH1)

1. De-Install homekit via File (addon.conf)
  2. Restart OH2
  3. Copy addon to Folder
  4. Change back addon file
  5. Restart?

Hopefuly some replays before I try again.

THX
MisterBop

Dear all,

How did you install the Snapshot to your OH2?

Thx
MisterBop