Homematic Binding: Cannot connect to CCU2

Hi everybody,

after a crash I try to re-setup my openhabian from scratch to do it better this time ;-). Now, when trying to connect to the CCU2, I cannot connect. So these are the loggings:

2017-11-24 09:23:24.354 [ThingAddedEvent           ] - Thing 'homematic:bridge:060e1613' has been added.
2017-11-24 09:23:24.375 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'homematic:bridge:060e1613' changed from UNINITIALIZED to INITIALIZING

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==

2017-11-24 09:23:24.385 [DEBUG] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - HomematicConfig[gatewayAddress=,callbackHost=,xmlCallbackPort=9131,binCallbackPort=9132,gatewayType=ccu,rfPort=2001,wiredPort=2000,hmIpPort=2010,cuxdPort=8701,groupPort=9292,aliveInterval=300,reconnectInterval=0,timeout=15,socketMaxAlive=900]
2017-11-24 09:23:24.387 [TRACE] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Registering HomematicDeviceDiscoveryService for bridge '060e1613'
2017-11-24 09:23:24.408 [DEBUG] [org.openhab.binding.homematic       ] - ServiceEvent REGISTERED - {org.eclipse.smarthome.config.discovery.DiscoveryService}={service.id=360, service.bundleid=191, service.scope=singleton} - org.openhab.binding.homematic
2017-11-24 09:23:24.420 [TRACE] [nal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient] - Client XmlRpcRequest (port 2001):
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
2017-11-24 09:23:24.440 [DEBUG] [nal.communicator.client.XmlRpcClient] - XmlRpcMessage failure, sending message again 1/1
2017-11-24 09:23:24.447 [DEBUG] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Disposing bridge '060e1613'

==> /var/log/openhab2/events.log <==
2017-11-24 09:23:24.448 [hingStatusInfoChangedEvent] - 'homematic:bridge:060e1613' changed from INITIALIZING to OFFLINE (COMMUNICATION_ERROR): java.nio.channels.UnresolvedAddressException

==> /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log <==
2017-11-24 09:23:24.456 [DEBUG] [very.HomematicDeviceDiscoveryService] - Stopping Homematic discovery scan

The IP-Adress is the right one, and before it was working already several months very stable (with my old openhab2-installation). Any ideas what I could try?

Thanks SO MUCH in advance!

I am still struggeling here. Any idea what to try?

When I look on the logging of the homematic, no entries seems to match the openhab-message. As if it wouldn’t even get there.

I already uninstalled and reinstallend the homematic Binding several times - didn’t change anything. I would even go and either reset the raspberry (oepnhab2-server) or the ccu2 and start again from scratch, if I could only figure out who has the problem - the raspberry or the CCU2?

Any ideas?

Which openHAB version are you using? Are there any other messages after “Stopping Homematic …” in the openhab.log?

Maybe it is similar to this problem: Homematic CCU still initializing

Can you check the Debian version? You can find it in /etc/debian_version.

BTW: Can you check the CCU firewall settings? The binding needs full access.

Thanks SO MUCH for your reply! The last hours I continued trying and upgraded openhab to the 2.2 and the homematic binding as well - and it worked!! Had all my devices in the inbox. But somehow this upgrade crashed the logging mechanism of openhab, so I don’t get any more output to my logfiles. I tried downgrading again - still seems to work, at least I still see my items in the inbox, but again no more logging. So currently I am struggeling on this issue.

Regarding your questions:

  • there were no more Homematic entries in the logging after “Stopping Homematic”
  • Debian Version 8.0
  • CCU firewall settings allow full access

The other thread you mentioned seems very related- actually I think I saw similar log files every time I wanted to connect to the CCU for a second time

(I installed the binding, tried to connect to the CCU - it didn’t work and I saw the logging I posted - I removed the CCU - tried to connect again - didn’t work again, and I saw a logging different from the first time and similar to the one in the thread you linked) - so I uninstalled the binding, reinstalled it and tried again.

Unfortunately those log files are gone now - I just deleted them in order to help openhab lo start logging again.

Will keep you posted on further findings as soon as I figure out to start logging again.

Just some infos for people that might face similar problems:

Upgrading to the experimental version of openhab and the homematic binding completely solved this problem :slight_smile:

With the 2.1 version of openhab I could reproduce the problem on a freshly installed openhabian system. There was no way I could get this to work.

I have encountered the same problem on a fresh Installation of OpenHab 2.1… I will try to upgrade to OH2.2 as soon as I get home from work :wink:

/edit: I could only fix the problem by re-installing OH2.1. Then, it worked out of the box.