Homematic Binding: "Channel not found for datapoint" errors for definitely existing channels

Ah OK. Now I understand .

I have defined my things with Paper UI and only the items in text format. So I never got this problem.

I would be interesting to see whether there are any messages in the log (maybe you have to enable DEBUG mode to see the messages.

I have made some changes to implementation of the communication between the binding and the CCU (or Homegear). You can download a test version of this version here: https://github.com/MHerbst/openhab-addons-test/blob/master/org.openhab.binding.homematic-2.5.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

The best solution would be to create the channel if data arrives, but I do not know if the information is sufficient to create the channel.

I don’t think it will work. Or at least it won’t be that easy because it would not fits into the current workflow. I have seen that the binding uses a special request to get information about the available datapoints (= channels) of a device.

I own a few HMIP-SWDO-I window contacts and wanted to add them to my sitemap. However, creating items with type Contact doesn’t work. Adding an item with Type String works, though:

Contact FensterkontaktBueroState "Fenster BĂŒro [MAP(window.map):%s]" (Fensterkontakt,Buero) { channel="homematic:HmIP-SWDO-I:3014F711A061A7DA498FAB79:00109A4996xxxx:1#STATE_CONTACT" }
    String FensterkontaktBueroStateStr "Fenster BĂŒro [MAP(window.map):%s]" (Fensterkontakt,Buero) { channel="homematic:HmIP-SWDO-I:3014F711A061A7DA498FAB79:00109A4996yyyy:1#STATE" }

Frame label="BĂŒro" {
        Switch item=RollladenBuero
        Default item=FensterkontaktBueroState
        Default item=FensterkontaktBueroStateStr
    }

After some digging, I found out that for HMIP-SWDO* devices, a virtual channel called STATE_CONTACT should be added which can be used for Contact items (https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/blob/2.5.x/bundles/org.openhab.binding.homematic/src/main/java/org/openhab/binding/homematic/internal/communicator/virtual/StateContactVirtualDatapointHandler.java and https://github.com/eclipse-archived/smarthome/issues/5786). However, this channel is not shown in PaperUI. If I try to reference it in an Item, it doesn’t work either. The log file shows the error message

2020-06-12 20:06:21.466 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint '00109A4996C824:1#STATE_CONTACT'

I tried installing the 2.5.6-SNAPSHOT version @MHerbst posted, but that didn’t solve the issue either.

openhab> bundle:list | grep -i homematic
239 x Active x  80 x 2.5.6.202006071526      x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Homematic Binding

Ultimately, I’d like to display whether all windows are closed and I don’t know whether this would work with item type String. I found quite a few code samples which show how to do this with Contact items.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help debug this problem.

What I can see in the code a STATE_CONTACT channel should be created for all Homematic devices with names starting with HMIP-SWDO. Can you please enable TRACE mode, remove one of the window contacts and perform a new discovery. Then please post openhab.log (starting at the discovery).

Also, I would like to have a screenshot from the thing definitions in Paper UI (would like to see the channel definitions).

If the information are not sufficient to find the reason for this problem I can prepare a jar file with some enhanced log information.

Interestingly, after removing a thing and re-discovering/adding it, the channel “State Contact” is shown.

This is a thing, which was not removed:

And this is the thing I just removed and added again:

Here’s the log file you requested: https://we.tl/t-1UzzYZALJC (I wasn’t able to attach it to my post as it exceeds 1MiB and the forum software doesn’t let me upload gzipped files)

Please let me know if you need any additional information, otherwise, I’d go ahead and remove all my door/windows contacts and re-add them.

Is it possible that you created the things before the issue was solved? If a binding changes a type or adds a new channel it is always necessary to remove a thing and create it again.

The log information are looking good.

BTW: you have installed a test version of the binding that also contains some changes regarding rollershutters. But the implementation is not finished yet and will not work correctly for HMIP-BROLL. If you do not delete (and re-create) the rollershutter device there will be no problems.

Yes, I created all things before the issue was solved, i.e. I did the initial discovery with OH 2.5.5 (most likely even an earlier version). I just deleted and re-added “Fensterkontakt BĂŒro” to verify that it is now showing the virtual channel.
Thanks for the heads up regarding HMIP-BROLL! I’ll make sure not to delete those.

I’m also still seing the “Channel not found for datapoint ‘NEQXXXXXXX:0#RSSI_DEVICE’” errors, so you are not the only one. I think this will not get fixed anytime soon though, and since for me it only affects my thermostats I can kinda live with it not working. I am using a configuration file based approach so there shouldn’t be the need to delete and recreate if I’m not mistaken. A simple restart always seems to fix it for some time, until it breaks again

Hi all, me still getting this error from time to time, too (after days or weeks, cant tell a exact timing).
I use a pivccu3 since ages, and since ages i get the described error from time to time out of nowhere.
It only occurs on my Heating Thermostats (HM-CC-RT-DN) and room thermostats (HM-TC-IT-WM-W-EU)
I have quite some more Homematic bidcos devices, which never shown this error behaviour.

all my things and items are file configured. Reloading the Openhab2 several times fixes it usualy.

Same thing here, usually my MAX! devices are affected by this. I was hoping that openHAB 3.0 would magically resolve this issue but it didn’t.

The Homematic binding has not been changed in general for OH 3 and this is probably a binding problem.

In order to solve this problem, I would need some more information. Especially messages from the openhab.log. If you are able to reproduce the problem reliably, please enable TRACE log mode for the Homematic binding, reproduce the problem and post the relevant parts of the log.

Is your problem only related to RSSI_DEVICE? I also need some more information:

• Type of the CCU
  • Type of the devices that are causing the problem

I will see, what i can get, even when it might take some days. Im short on time atm. sry for that!

Hi all,

I can confirm, that I’m experiencing the same issue in OH3 with a new HMIP-SLO running RaspMatic latest version on a RPi3

2021-02-03 14:49:29.306 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#CONFIG_PENDING'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.318 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#DUTY_CYCLE'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.322 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#LOW_BAT'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.326 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#UNREACH'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.330 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#RSSI_DEVICE'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.333 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#RSSI'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.337 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#SIGNAL_STRENGTH'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.341 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#OPERATING_VOLTAGE_STATUS'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.345 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:0#OPERATING_VOLTAGE'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.364 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#HIGHEST_ILLUMINATION'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.368 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#LOWEST_ILLUMINATION'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.374 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#AVERAGE_ILLUMINATION'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.378 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#HIGHEST_ILLUMINATION_STATUS'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.384 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#CURRENT_ILLUMINATION'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.388 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#LOWEST_ILLUMINATION_STATUS'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.394 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#CURRENT_ILLUMINATION_STATUS'

2021-02-03 14:49:29.398 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:1#AVERAGE_ILLUMINATION_STATUS'

Hi @MHerbst,

today I experienced the issue again and also after an openHAB restart it came back like an hour after the restart. So I enabled the TRACE logging, restsarted and waited for the error to occur. But the file is huge and I didn’t find anything useful in it. So without knowing what I am looking for there’s no chance to find anything. I searched for the ID of the device and looked through all matches and it looks like the Datapoints were added initially. It’s not only RSSI but also all other channels for the Device are missing in the openHAB UI in the channels Tab. The Logs mention:

2021-02-14 23:20:19.530 [TRACE] [tual.AbstractVirtualDatapointHandler] - Adding virtual datapoint 'RSSI' to device 'XXXXX' (BC-RT-TRX-CyN) and channel 0
2021-02-14 23:20:19.650 [TRACE] [tual.AbstractVirtualDatapointHandler] - Adding virtual datapoint 'SIGNAL_STRENGTH' to device 'XXXXX' (BC-RT-TRX-CyN) and channel 0 

and later on once the first data arrives:

2021-02-15 00:35:14.853 [DEBUG] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - Received new (Integer) value '-77' for XXXXX:0#RSSI_DEVICE' from gateway with id 'ug'
2021-02-15 00:35:14.855 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'XXXXX:0#RSSI_DEVICE'
2021-02-15 00:35:14.857 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'XXXXX:0#RSSI'
2021-02-15 00:35:14.858 [WARN ] [ternal.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - Channel not found for datapoint 'XXXXX:0#SIGNAL_STRENGTH' 

It might be worth mentioning that I have 2 Homematic Gateways in openHAB configured.

I’m using Homegear as CCU.

Maybe this confuses the binding and it sends requests to the wrong CCU. How do your thing identifier look like? It is important that they contain the bridge ID.

For example: my CCU thing has the following ID

homematic:bridge:3014F711A0001F58A992F7F2

For things connected with this CCU the bridge ID is part of their id:

homematic:HM-WDS10-TH-O:3014F711A0001F58A992F7F2:MEQ0202430

They do contain the bridge ID, just like you described. I don’t think there is any other way of getting it to work without configuring it this way.

I have updated Homegear to the latest nighly now as I noticed that one CCU was working fine (which was running a nightly) and the other one which was running stable was causing issues. Let’s see if that helps or makes a difference, maybe it is not an openHAB issue after all.

I remember several problems with Homegear in the past. So maybe the problems were really caused by Homegear.

The errors are back. So that was not the issue. Restarting openHAB made them go away though, and the channels are visible in the UI aswell now.

I haven’t seen any logic that would actually remove channels from an existing device, so any idea why they would end up being removed?

This is something that I also don’t understand right know. I will have to look into the implementation coding. I thinkt that it probably has to do with Homegear.

I spent some time searching other threads in this forum mentioning the same error and the issue seems to be independent of the CCU used, but maybe someone in this Thread can confirm that real quick? Also in this thread someone mentioned the CCU2.

I might be wrong but to me this looks like a memory corruption. I know this shouldn’t happen in java but I had another problem that also showed similar symptoms. Maybe the JVM used is causing the issue, I am running Zulu 11.45.27-ca-jdk11.0.10-linux_aarch64. Is someone in here having the issue on a different JVM aswell?

Hi everyone,
after months/years following this community, this is my first post.

I can confirm that your problem don’t depends on your jvm distribution or the kind of your CCU.
I have exact the same issue. I use two CCUs (1. OpenHabian on RPI 3) and a virtualized CCU on a proxmox VM. Both are configured in openhab. Openhab is running in an Ubuntu LXC on OpenJDK 11 as JVM.

I spent the last 10-12 hours to re-setup my complete openhab to get rid of this “Channel not found for datapoint”. Means I created a new container a fresh openhab, configured the Homematic bridges in a homematic.things file and add thing by thing. As long as only items are configured that belongs to one CCU, the message doesn’t appear. Even when I started to add items based on things connected to the second CCU it has no problems. As long as the reboot / openhab restart didn’t happen.

After the first reboot with all items configured I got the logs flooded with Channel not found for datapoint
-messages.

Clearing cache, deleting jsobdb/*.json-files
 nothing helps.

fun fact: despite this warning messages it seems to be working. openhab UI tells my that LINKS/channels are invalid, but the item seems receiving values.

I running openHAB 3.1.0.M2.

Is there anyone who knows how I can use two CCUs in openhab3? I’m really close to become desperate.

Kind regards,
Fabu