HomeMatic does not update HmIP-STH

I have 2.2 release installed.
Yesterday I installed the HmIP-STH internal display-less hm-ip thermostat.
Thing was recognised, though the item values for temperature and humidity are not updated when they change.

Number   DuscheThermostatTemp       "HM Dusche Temp [%.2f °C]"       {channel="homematic:HmIP-STH:9aa663c8:000E570999A906:1#ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE"}
Number   DuscheThermostatHumid      "HM Dusche Humid [%.2f %%]"      {channel="homematic:HmIP-STH:9aa663c8:000E570999A906:1#HUMIDITY"}

Is there any solution without doing some sort of refreshes?

The Homematic binding receives an event from the CCU when a datapoint changes its value. Therefore a manual refresh is not necessary.
Can you check your openhab.log and events.log file whether there are any messages regarding this thing?

BTW: are you using a CCU or Homegear?

I do not see antry trace in the log regarding both items and just the entry for adding the thing to the inbox.

That thread describes same probelme soved with refresh:

Can you enable the trace for the Homematic binding, restart openHAB, wait until the thermostat sent a new value and attach the log to your post?

There no entries in the log, I enable the debug in karaf:

log:set DEBUG org.openhab.binding.homematic

looking into log

grep 000E570999A45B /var/log/openhab2/openhab.log

2018-01-20 15:00:38.672 [INFO ] [g.discovery.internal.PersistentInbox] - Added new thing 'homematic:HmIP-STH:9aa663c8:000E570999A45B' to inbox

does just deliver the info when the thing was added to the inbox.

Is it a CCU problem?

Hmm, you could set the log level to TRACE. This trace every message that is received from the CCU. Either there is no message send or the binding does not completely understand the format.

You could also try to create an item in the Paper UI to make sure that you did not make an error in the item definition (to me it looks ok).

Are there any other Homematic related messages. There should at least be some messages regarding the connection to the CCU. You should also make sure that you have the latest CCU firmware and that the CCU firewall is open for everything.

I put the the thread as RESOLVED, though I do not know why it started to show values.
Once I find the reason of no-function/function I will update the thread.

What I did so far:
did a bundle:restart for homematic and it start showing values. I did not expect I need a restart in order to get this thing workin.
“Reboot tut immer gut” old German IT saying.

Yes, sometimes it seems to be necessary to restart openHAB or the bundle. I can’t tell you why and when it’s necessary but it seems to help.