Homematic needs to initialize first?

Hello Community,

i am relatively new to OpenHab but i am very impressed how powerful this technology is and will become.

I am running Openhabian on a Raspberry Pi 2 and installed KNX,Homematic and 1-Wire Binding. I got everything working with Rules Sitemaps and so on. The only issue i have that i can’t figure out is:
my Homematic CCU2 always needs to be booted completely before i can use it in OpenHab. This makes me rebooting the Pi pretty often. Is there a possibility to "re"initialize the Homematic Binding automatically while OpenHab is running ?

Best Michael

Hello!

CCU2 always needs to be booted completely

What does that mean? Are you restarting it from time to time?

This makes me rebooting the Pi pretty often

You are saying the homematic binding does not automatically reconnect to the CCU?

Is there a possibility to "re"initialize the Homematic Binding

That’s what should happen automatically. Maybe you could look into the RELAOD_ALL_FROM_GATEWAY channel, see: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/homematic/readme.html

Thanks for your fast help.

I am working on a mobile Exibition case which was formerly used for KNX demonstration purposes. I am converting the case to show how integrating multiple Smart Home Systems can work. For that reason i have one plug activating all the Systems(including Openhab) at the same time. KNX for example is working right away. To make Homematic work i have to reboot OpenHab after CCU is completely booted.

This is what the OpenHab log shows me when i started all the Systems.

2017-11-23 14:25:38.646 [INFO ] [ommunicator.AbstractHomematicGateway] - No event since 323 seconds from gateway ‘CCU2’, restarting RPC server
2017-11-23 14:25:38.778 [WARN ] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Device with address ‘JEQ0077618’ not found on gateway 'CCU2’
2017-11-23 14:25:38.781 [WARN ] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Device with address ‘GWE00000000’ not found on gateway 'CCU2’
2017-11-23 14:25:38.785 [WARN ] [matic.handler.HomematicBridgeHandler] - Device with address ‘NEQ0357210’ not found on gateway ‘CCU2’

The Bridge is online, but all the other Devices can’t be found. Only a reboot of OpenHab seems to solve the Problem.

Ah I see.
This sounds a lot like a problem I had a while back and did never really further investigate (I should do that!). You should read up on it and try what was suggested there: