Homematic read timed out with CCU2 (not to slow!)

Hey Guys,

i got Openhab running with Homematic on a Virtual Machine and a CCU2 and 2 Waterdetectors, so it cant be to slow or to much devices. And I always got this error:

Starting BinRpcCallbackServer at port 9123
2016-04-05 12:53:54.695 [ERROR] [.b.h.i.c.HomematicCommunicator] - Could not start Homematic communicator: Read timed out (sending BinRpcRequest[methodName=init,args={binary://192.168.91.7:9123,BidCos-RF}])
org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.HomematicClientException: Read timed out (sending BinRpcRequest[methodName=init,args={binary://192.168.91.7:9123,BidCos-RF}])
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient.sendMessage(BinRpcClient.java:224) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient.init(BinRpcClient.java:63) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.CcuClient.registerCallback(CcuClient.java:106) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.HomematicCommunicator.start(HomematicCommunicator.java:97) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.bus.HomematicBinding.updated(HomematicBinding.java:95) [bundlefile:na]
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.ManagedServiceTracker$1.run(ManagedServiceTracker.java:183) [org.eclipse.equinox.cm_1.0.400.v20120522-1841.jar:na]
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.cm.SerializedTaskQueue$1.run(SerializedTaskQueue.java:36) [org.eclipse.equinox.cm_1.0.400.v20120522-1841.jar:na]
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method) ~[na:1.8.0_73]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_73]
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source) ~[na:1.8.0_73]
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.binrpc.BinRpcResponse.(BinRpcResponse.java:48) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.openhab.binding.homematic.internal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient.sendMessage(BinRpcClient.java:196) ~[bundlefile:na]
… 6 common frames omitted
2016-04-05 12:53:54.695 [INFO ] [.b.h.i.c.HomematicCommunicator] - Shutting down Homematic communicator

So im a bit frustrated now and appreciate any help! :slight_smile:

Greets,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I had the same problem and got it fixed by changing my openhab.cfg:

homematic:host=192.168.ccu.ccu homematic:callback.host=192.168.ccu.ccu

I thought the callback host should be my openhab server, but it works now with the same IP address as the homematic:host.

Bye,

Moritz

Hi there, did you find a solution?

did you check whether networking between the Virtual Machine and the CCU2 works?

I have the same problem. Already disabled Authentication and Firewall in Web UI, timeout has been set to 200s, but still no luck. I’d be glad to find a solution.

Openhab/Homematic Binding all at Version 1.8.2. CCU2 Firmware 2.19.9.

… if nothing helps, try restarting … in this case: restarting CCU2 => works now