Homematic Rollershutter: Switch item on sitemap moving in one direction only

Dear Community,

I am using a Homematic Rollershutter HmIP-BROLL on CCU3 together with the latest version of openHAB on a RaspberryPi.

The THING is defined in PaperUI.

The ITEM reads:
Rollershutter BROLL_OG_Garten_RE “OG Garten RE [%d %%]” (G_HmIP_BROLL) { channel=“homematic:HmIP-BROLL:3014F711A0001F9AXXXXXXXX:00111AXXXXXXXX:4#LEVEL” }

The SITEMAP reads:
Switch item=BROLL_OG_Garten_LI
providing the three button layout with up/down arrows and stopp button.

The PROBLEM is: activating the down button makes the shutter go down and activating the UP button makes the shutter go DOWN AS WELL.

Does anybody know how to address the UP command properly? Do I have to use a mapping expression in the Switch command?

Thanks in advance for your assistance :slight_smile:

Dominic

If you look in your events.log you will be able to see what commands the UI sends to your openHAB Item.
We’d expect UP and DOWN of course.

There is no guarantee that any particular device supports all the possible commands, it’s up to the binding to translate openHAB standardized commands into something the device can handle.
This looks relevant -

You can probably workaround this issue using a Switch sitemap widget with mappings= to create “Up” and “Down” buttons that actually send numeric position commands 0 and 100. Or perhaps 99, read that thread.

Thanks, rossko57!

This is what I was looking for. I will try to implement the proxy rule solution in the post.
Hope there will be a fix for this issue in a future update of the Homematic Binding.

Kind regards, Dominic