Homematic unreach not working - how to use Status from Homematic-Thing on Paper UI

Hi

I want to trigger rules if one homematic device is not reachable.
In OH1 i could use UNREACH but it seems that does not work anymore with OH2 (tried with different devices).
The CCU2 runs with FW 2.27.8.

The binding gets that information, because i can see “offline” at “/paperui/index.html#/configuration/things” of paper UI (thing-overview) and within the offline thing i see "Status: OFFLINE - COMMUNICATION_ERROR ".

Can i use this status in some way?
Whats about the UNREACH datapoint?

Thx for tipps.
cya

Hi,

there is a separate channel for UNREACH for each thing (it appears if you press “Show more”). Did you try to create an item for it?
If it does not work correctly please create an issue in the Github repo and add a trace file.

BTW: Which binding version are you using?

Martin

Hi Martin,

thx for your help!
Yes i created items for the UNREACH channels i see in paper-ui, and these items dont work.

Number bwm1_phy_unreach “BWM1 Unreach [%d]” (unreached) { channel=“homematic:HM-Sec-MDIR-2:ccu:NEQxxxxx1:0#UNREACH” }

I also tried this as SWITCH-Item.

Binding is:
binding-homematic - 2.0.0.SNAPSHOT

Sorry Martin but how can i do these steps (create issue) and what exactly is a trace file?

Thx
Cu

Hi,

sorry for the late answer. You are using a SNAPSHOT version of the binding so I suppose you are not using the release version of openHAB. You could try it either with the Release version of openHAB (and then installing a newer version of the binding) or you install the latest snapshot build (https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/). Since the release of openHAB there have been quite a lot changes especially in the Homematic binding.
If you only want to update the add-on you can follow the steps in the FAQ Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
You can find further information about log files and the traces in the doc: http://docs.openhab.org/administration/logging.html to create traces for the Homematic you would have to issue the command

log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.homematic

in the Karaf console.

Martin

Hi Martin,

and thank you very much!

I installed the official release on my raspberry (openHAB 2 Stable Repository):
“deb http://dl.bintray.com/openhab/apt-repo2 stable main” is in “\raspberryIP\etc\apt\sources.list.d”.

Thats why i thought a “apt-get update” and/or a “apt-get dist-upgrade” as sudo would also update oh2 and its bindings.
Or is there another command?

The binding information i posted above - by the way - comes from the lightgrey text just under the binding name when i look at “homematic” on the add-ons page of paper-UI. I hope thats really the correct binding version?!?!

OK i enabled the trace file, but don’t know where this file is saved?

THX!

Thats why i thought a “apt-get update” and/or a “apt-get dist-upgrade” as sudo would also update oh2 and its bindings.
Or is there another command?

AFAIK that should be the release version. You could install the latest Snapshot version by using another repo (see here: http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#package-repository-installation)

The binding information i posted above - by the way - comes from the lightgrey text just under the binding name when i look at “homematic” on the add-ons page of paper-UI. I hope thats really the correct binding version?!?!

Hmmm that’s interesing. My version number is 2.0.0. But I did not use apt to install it on my machine.

OK i enabled the trace file, but don’t know where this file is saved?

See http://docs.openhab.org/installation/linux.html#file-locations (file name is openhab.log)

Hi Martin,

TRACE-Log of the homematic-binding brought following log-part.
Info: the device NEQ… here always is unreach in HM-WebUI couse no battery is inside ;):

2017-05-07 16:06:26.327 [DEBUG] [ternal.communicator.HomematicGateway] - Triggering values reload for device 'NEQxxxx091'
2017-05-07 16:06:26.328 [DEBUG] [ternal.communicator.HomematicGateway] - Loading values for channel HmChannel[number=0,type=MAINTENANCE,initialized=false] of device 'NEQxxxx091'
2017-05-07 16:06:26.329 [TRACE] [nal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient] - Client BinRpcRequest:
getParamset()
NEQxxxx091:0
MASTER

2017-05-07 16:06:26.330 [TRACE] [al.communicator.client.SocketHandler] - Creating new socket for port 2001
2017-05-07 16:06:26.338 [TRACE] [nal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient] - Client BinRpcResponse:
{
}

2017-05-07 16:06:26.338 [TRACE] [nal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient] - Client BinRpcRequest:
getParamset()
NEQxxxx091:0
VALUES

2017-05-07 16:06:26.339 [TRACE] [al.communicator.client.SocketHandler] - Returning socket for port 2001
2017-05-07 16:06:26.357 [TRACE] [nal.communicator.client.BinRpcClient] - Client BinRpcResponse:
{
	AES_KEY=1
	CONFIG_PENDING=false
	DEVICE_IN_BOOTLOADER=false
	LOWBAT=false
	RSSI_DEVICE=-65535
	RSSI_PEER=-65535
	STICKY_UNREACH=false
	UNREACH=true
	UPDATE_PENDING=false
}

As we can see UNREACH here is true. But i have linked it to a Switch and this always is OFF.
But the UNREACH=true part of the log above and the state in paperUI->things seems to be the same (means green ONLINE label or grey OFFLINE label in paperUI).

And this is the switch i use as ITEM and want to use for rule-trigger (but its allways OFF in the sitemap):

Switch bwm1_phy_unreach 	"BWM1 Unreach"	(unreached)	{ channel="homematic:HM-Sec-MDIR-2:ccu:NEQxxxx091:0#UNREACH" } 

I got the channel i use for this item directly from paperUI, so i guess its correct (in paperUI->Control its also always OFF…so there is the same issue…only the green/grey labels are correct in paperUI it seems )

switching to another repo will be my last solution…maybe you know another tipp before doing this?!

Thank you

Today I had some time to try it on my own. I could reproduce the problem with the release version.
With the latest snapshot it seems to work correctly.

So that means it will also work with release version (some day) after a apt-get update?
Is it possible to keep the release version and just upgrade the hm-binding (cause the rest works good now, i dont want to switch to another rep)?

So that means it will also work with release version (some day) after a apt-get update?

Yes, as soon as there is a new openHAB release apt-get upgrade will install the release version with the updated binding.

Is it possible to keep the release version and just upgrade the hm-binding (cause the rest works good now, i dont want to switch to another rep)?

Yes, it is possible. You can find a description in the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1 Like