HomematicIP Alarmsiren HmIP-ASIR

Hi

Does anybody know if it’s possible to activate the alarm by a command from openHAB?
These channels are supported, but I don’t understand all of them:

Thanks
Michael

Hi Michael,

you will probably need a combination of several channels that need to be set to activate an alarm (i think it will work similar to the display device: http://docs.openhab.org/addons/bindings/homematic/readme.html#display_submit).
I also found a hint in the ELV forum: https://www.elv.de/topic/ccu2-einbinden.html.

The problem is that I have no real idea what channel must be used to finally activate the siren. Only looking at the channel name “Process” seems to be the correct but then it should be of type “Switch” and not “Number”.

@gerrieg do you know more about this device? Maybe it also requires a special handling like the HM-Dis-WM55.

Martin

Don’t have a lot of experience with the HmIP devices as I only have one switch so far. But did you check the official HmIP Device Documentation (currently here) ?

Search for the device name, then you’ll find all possible values for the channels in your screenshot (maybe ACOUSTIC_ALARM_SELECTION or STATE?). Not sure if that helps… :thinking:

Yeaahh, it’s working now!! Thanks!

The hint in ELV-Forum and as well the official HmIP Device Documentation helped. Here the part of my rule:

sendCommand (DURATION_VALUE, 30)
sendCommand (DURATION_UNIT, “S”)
sendCommand (OPTICAL_ALARM_SELECTION, “BLINKING_BOTH_REPEATING”)
sendCommand (ACOUSTIC_ALARM_SELECTION, “FREQUENCY_RISING”)

Happy now :slight_smile:

Michael

Hello Michael,

is it configurued by normal text files or using paper ui. I’m also struggling currently with this siren :wink:

Can you please post your working example? That would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Marco

Yes, I’m still working with text files

Items:
Number DURATION_VALUE “Alarmdauer [%.0f]” {channel=“homematic:HmIP-ASIR:ccu:000AD569A3456A:3#DURATION_VALUE”}
String DURATION_UNIT “Alarmeinheit [%s]” {channel=“homematic:HmIP-ASIR:ccu:000AD569A3456A:3#DURATION_UNIT”}
String OPTICAL_ALARM_SELECTION “Optischer Alarm [%s]” {channel=“homematic:HmIP-ASIR:ccu:000AD569A3456A:3#OPTICAL_ALARM_SELECTION”}
String ACOUSTIC_ALARM_SELECTION “Akkustischer Alarm [%s]” {channel=“homematic:HmIP-ASIR:ccu:000AD569A3456A:3#ACOUSTIC_ALARM_SELECTION”}

Rule:
rule “Windows open”
when
Item Door_Main changed to OPEN
then
if (Windows.state == “OPEN” || Door_Sued.state == “OPEN” || Door_West.state == “OPEN” || Door_Keller.state == “OPEN”) {
sendCommand (OPTICAL_ALARM_SELECTION, “DISABLE_OPTICAL_SIGNAL”)
sendCommand (ACOUSTIC_ALARM_SELECTION, “ERROR”)
sendCommand (DURATION_VALUE, 3)
sendCommand (DURATION_UNIT, “S”)
}
end

1 Like

Mmhh, my alarm siren doesn’t work anymore in 2.4.0.M6 :frowning:

Items:

Number:Dimensionless HM_IP_Duration "Alarmdauer" 								            {channel="homematic:HmIP-ASIR:MEQ1608148:000AD569A3456A:3#DURATION_VALUE"}
String HM_IP_DurationUnit			"Alarmeinheit [%s]" 									{channel="homematic:HmIP-ASIR:MEQ1608148:000AD569A3456A:3#DURATION_UNIT"}
String HM_IP_OptAlarmSelection		"Optischer Alarm [%s]" 									{channel="homematic:HmIP-ASIR:MEQ1608148:000AD569A3456A:3#OPTICAL_ALARM_SELECTION"}
String HM_IP_AcoAlarmSelection	    "Akkustischer Alarm [%s]" 								{channel="homematic:HmIP-ASIR:MEQ1608148:000AD569A3456A:3#ACOUSTIC_ALARM_SELECTION"}
Switch Sirene_Bat					"Alarmsirene" 				<bat>		(Bat_HM)		{channel="homematic:HmIP-ASIR:MEQ1608148:000AD569A3456A:0#LOW_BAT"}

Rule:

rule "Windows open"	
	when
		Item Door_Main changed to OPEN
	then
		if (Windows.state == OPEN || Door_Sued.state == OPEN || Door_West.state == OPEN || Door_Keller.state == OPEN) {
			sendCommand(HM_IP_OptAlarmSelection, "DISABLE_OPTICAL_SIGNAL")
			sendCommand(HM_IP_AcoAlarmSelection, "ERROR")
			sendCommand(HM_IP_Duration, 3)
			sendCommand(HM_IP_DurationUnit, "S")				
		}			
	end	

I have seen that there was a change for the duration channel. As I remember it was defined as Number in the past, now it’s Number:Dimensionsless. I also get an error message now:

2018-11-26 20:26:53.227 [ERROR] [ematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler] - null
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.QuantityTypeConverter.toUnitFromDatapoint(QuantityTypeConverter.java:65) ~[219:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.QuantityTypeConverter.toBinding(QuantityTypeConverter.java:56) ~[219:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.QuantityTypeConverter.toBinding(QuantityTypeConverter.java:1) ~[219:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.internal.converter.type.AbstractTypeConverter.convertToBinding(AbstractTypeConverter.java:102) ~[219:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic.handler.HomematicThingHandler.handleCommand(HomematicThingHandler.java:281) [219:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.InvocationHandlerSync.invoke(InvocationHandlerSync.java:59) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy143.handleCommand(Unknown Source) [219:org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.homematic:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.ProfileCallbackImpl.handleCommand(ProfileCallbackImpl.java:75) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing.internal.profiles.SystemDefaultProfile.onCommandFromItem(SystemDefaultProfile.java:49) [108:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.thing:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:?]
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:?]
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:?]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.AbstractInvocationHandler.invokeDirect(AbstractInvocationHandler.java:153) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.internal.common.Invocation.call(Invocation.java:53) [101:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.10.0.oh240M6]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149) [?:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624) [?:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:?]

Does someone have an idea what I have to change? Or is it a bug in M6? @gerrieg?

Thanks
Michael

It seems that this problem is related to:

There has been a fix for an NPE regarding dimenionless quantity types: https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/pull/6565

This fix has already been merged you could try to download the latest version of this binding and install it manually.