Homeseer WD-100 Dimmer Switch / Instant Status Question

The problem with OTA isn’t the implementation of the protocol - it’s getting hold of the firmware to load. Most manufacturers won’t provide it - I’ve had personal discussions with both Aeon and Fibaro and they will only support firmware uploads via their own products.

Maybe this attitude will change one day, but it’s a ways off I think.

At least with Aeon, the firmware binary is just appended to the end of the updater tool. It’s fairly simple to extract, if one is feeling adventurous.

Yes, Aeon said this is what they were doing, but they wouldn’t permit firmware distribution in this form. Other manufacturers like Fibaro require to you buy their controller which is an (expensive) integrated system so there’s no access at all to the files.

@jvolkman I sent you a PM with the firmware. You can use the HS3 demo to apply the update OTA.

OTA FIRMWARE UPDATE:

As of August 2017, you can use HomeSeer’s Z-Flash utility to update firmware on your HomeSeer dimmers and switches.

I was also instructed by HomeSeer support that the firmware transfer capability will no longer be included in the demo/trial version of HS3 software.

Please note when I upgraded all my HS-WD100+ dimmers to the latest firmware, all of them lost the ability to send single, double, and triple tap events (using CENTRAL_SCENE notifications) to the OpenHab controller (via Association Group 1). I had to reconfigure each dimmer node and manually set Association Group 1 to forward to the Z-wave controller (Node 1). I made HomeSeer support aware of this issue and the response I got indicated that they were aware of the issue.

It’s unfortunate that they require you to re-associate each dimmer after a firmware update. This is a tedious process when you have a lots of these dimmers installed all over the house. I don’t remember this issue happening when I performed previous firmware updates using the HS3 software in trial mode.

This software doesn’t run on a raspberry pi though right? I would have to use this on a windows device and move the aeotec Z-stick to that in order to do the update right?

I’m pretty sure it’s Windows only. So yes, you would have to move your Z-stick over to a Windows box while performing the upgrades. (PS. Its not a fast process.)

Has anyone updated the WD-100 to FW v5.19 and noticed an improvement with dimming LED’s? Their relase notes state this:

• Improved dimming performance for LED bulbs.

And wondering if anyone noticed a difference

Thanks… I wonder if someone will come out with a 3rd party firmware. It seems as if they are putting out updates though so that’s good.