Honeywell T6 Z-Wave Thermostat - Unable to find Thing Type

First of all, pertinent information:

Platform information:

• Hardware: Raspberry Pi 4 B with 4GB
  • Java Version: OpenJDK 11.0.15
  • openHAB version: 3.2.0

Problem:
I am trying to add a new Honeywell T6 thermostat into my system. I have a Aeotec Gen 5 Plus Z-Wave controller and the Z-Wave binding. The binding reports the thing type as “Unknown Device”. Upon reviewing the logs I can see where the ZWaveThingHandler searches the database for the right device. Ultimately the log entry is: “NODE 12: Unable to find thing type (0039:0011:0008:1.3)”. When searching the database documentation the device is clearly identified as being in the database with matching Manufacturer ID and Type. Thus I’m not sure what is happening and why the device is not being identified. Can anyone give me some advice on what I might be doing wrong? Any suggestions are welcome.

I don’t think you did anything wrong. Although the device entry in the database is already a few years old, it matters if it was in approved state when the database was exported for the binding when your OH version was built.
You have two options:

1. Use a snapshot version of the ZWave binding instead of the one that came with OH 3.2
  2. Upgrade your OH version to a newer one (which would be a milestone release of OH 3.3)