Honeywell ZW4005

(Mike McLean) #1

I’m having trouble getting OpenHab to recognize my Honey ZW4005 switch. It pairs with my Nortek HUSBZ-1. However, OpenHab reports it as Unknown Device. I’ve tried reinitializing the device multiple times without any luck. I’m running OpenHab 2.3.0.

These are the properties it gives me:

zwave_class_basic ROUTING_SLAVE
zwave_class_generic BINARY_SWITCH
zwave_frequent false
zwave_neighbours 1
zwave_version 5.22
zwave_listening true
zwave_plus_devicetype ON_OFF_POWER_SWITCH
zwave_deviceid 12342
zwave_nodeid 2
zwave_routing true
zwave_beaming true
zwave_class_specific POWER_SWITCH_BINARY
zwave_manufacturer 57
zwave_devicetype 18770

(Chris Jackson) #2

It’s not in the database, which is why it’s not identified.

Is it this device -:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/889

or is it something like this which is from a different manufacturer, but has the same IDs -:
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/550

(Mike McLean) #3

It’s a Honeywell like the first one but I noticed this in the logs:

0039:4952:3036::5.22

I see that the GE has 4952:3036 in the listing.

I hope this helps and thanks for the response.

(Chris Jackson) #4

Yes, that was my point earlier.

In any case, forgetting the IDs, what exactly is the device? You said “It’s a Honeywell like the first one” - does that mean it’s exactly the same as the first one, or just that it’s made by Honeywell (or at least sold by Honeywell)?

Often devices are sold under multiple manufacturer IDs, but we need to know what the device actually is, or we just need to add a new entry from scratch.

(Mike McLean) #5

Sorry for not being more clear. It looks pretty much identical to the GE In-Wall Paddle Switch in your second link.

That is what I bought. I believe that I read that it is made by jasco like the GE switches.

Thanks again

(Mike McLean) #6

Is there anything I can do on my end to help get this added to the database or at least get it working on my end until the database is updated?

(Mike McLean) #7

Here is the z-wave node file generated by OpenHAB. Any help getting this working is greatly appreciated.

node2.xml (7.6 KB)