Horizon TV mediabox binding

Cool!

I’m trying get the current status from the Horizon box, like which channel is currently playing. During this search I discovered a few upnp services running on the device at the following ports and endpoints:

• :29153/description0.xml
    • RemoteUIServer
  • :29153/description1.xml
    • ConnetionManager
    • AVTransport
    • BasicManagement
    • ScheduledRecording
    • ContentDirectory
  • :62137/DeviceDescription.xml
    • MediaReceiverRegistrar
    • ContentDirectory
    • ContentManager

I havn’t been able to use this services yet.

I installed the Horizon binding. After the installation I get a confirmation. Unfortunately, there is no message in the inbox and I cannot see the Horizon binding under Configuration/Bindings.

My HorizonBox seems to be properly configured and I can also access it over LAN.

Where is the problem?

Hi

Same for me. After installing Horizon binding I can´t find any notification in the inbox, neither I can add manually one.

Best regards

no luck here. Who has got this working. ???

English please !

thanks for the notice

Hi sorry for the late response. Just became a father so again I’ve been a bit occupied. I have been using this binding for quite a while now. I have tested it on openhab2 and it was working fine. I did use config files with item declarations since it is a openhab1 based add-on. So didn’t used things etc.

I will upgrade the running version of openhab in my house to openhab2 this week. So then I will check whether config with paper-ui has problems. I assume this is what you mean with “notification in the inbox”?

Congratulations!

Answering your question. Yes in Paper U I there is no notification about a new device found after installing the bidding.

Thanks for having a look. Let us know of you can reproduce the behaviour.

Hi all,

any news about the binding?

Thanks

Hi,

I have my whole setup on openhab2 now. Horizon binding also works fine.
Keep in mind it is an 1.x based binding, which means it needs an item configuration and sitemap, as documented on the wiki. Otherwise you won’t see any items in paper-ui.

Perhaps you are willing to submit a PR so that the binding can be included in the OH distro and anyone can install it easily?

It already is actually:

Would be great if there would be an app for homey!

How would you use Homey with the openHAB binding for the Horizon box Peter ?

maybe in combination with ITFFF??? But better an Ziggo app for Homey :wink:

openHAB bindings can only be used with openHAB. Maybe your post is more at home on a Ziggo forum or a Homey forum.

:man_facepalming:

Hello,

I use this binding with OH2 an a SMT-G7401, the Rules to request the state works, but I could not send any command.

I tries to “sendCommand(“Horizon_Power”, OFF)” but I got this error.

Are there any examples how to build an Switch to power on/off the horizon box ?

Thank you
regards

[WARN ] [org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin ] - EventAdmin: Exception during event dispatch [org.osgi.service.event.Event [topic=openhab/command/Horizon_Power] {bridgemarker=true, item=Horizon_Power, command=OFF} | {org.osgi.service.event.EventHandler}={event.topics=openhab/command/*, service.pid=org.openhab.horizon, livingroom.host=192.168.200.127, component.name=org.openhab.binding.horizon.binding, component.id=225, service.id=364, service.bundleid=206, service.scope=bundle} | Bundle(org.openhab.binding.horizon_1.11.0.201709280110 [206])]
java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.openhab.binding.horizon.internal.HorizonBinding.internalReceiveCommand(HorizonBinding.java:94) [206:org.openhab.binding.horizon:1.11.0.201709280110]
at org.openhab.core.binding.AbstractBinding.receiveCommand(AbstractBinding.java:94) [212:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.2.0.201709261356]
at org.openhab.core.events.AbstractEventSubscriber.handleEvent(AbstractEventSubscriber.java:45) [212:org.openhab.core.compat1x:2.2.0.201709261356]
at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.handler.EventHandlerProxy.sendEvent(EventHandlerProxy.java:415) [3:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.1.2]
at org.apache.felix.eventadmin.impl.tasks.HandlerTask.run(HandlerTask.java:90) [3:org.apache.karaf.services.eventadmin:4.1.2]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]

I managed to get the binding working, but I’m puzzled how to use the items. According to the examples giving in the wiki, I made an items-file with Items of the “switch” - type. When I use e.g. the switch item for digit 3, the binding keeps on sending many “3”'s to the horizon (as I ccan see on my tv screen 333 channel does not exist, 333 channel does not…etc), problably because the switch is ON.

Question @kuijp : how do I send a single-command to the horizon box?

@kuijp,

Any plans to develop for OpenHab2, I just transfered from Smartthings to Openhab2 as it does not work in the cloud (Smarttings has contineous problems but is very accesible to the less tech savy people)?