Hörmann connected to KNX system

Dear all,

First of all, I hope you are all doing well despite this bad virus.

I would like to ask your assistance (If you do not mind of course) with my openhab installation, especially the garage door.
I have recently been installed a connection between my Hörmann garage door and my knx installation.
Everything is working perfectly with the Jung SV-Control application, I can open and close the door and the status is showing correctly.
I tried to do the same with openhab, and only managed to set up the open and close functions but the status is not updating correctly (at least I do not see it updating).

The door has 4 knx addresses.

0/2/0 for Garagentor fahren (move)
0/2/1 for Garagentor stoppen (stop)
0/2/2 for Garagentor offen (opened)
0/2/3 for Garagentor geschlossen (closed)

I used a rollershutter type for the thing

Type rollershutter : C_Garage "Shade" [ upDown="0/2/0", stopMove="0/2/1", position="0/2/3" ]

My items line is as follows :

Rollershutter Garage "Porte Garage [%d %%]" ["Blinds"] {channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:C_Garage"}

And my sitemap line :

Switch item=Garage icon="garagedoor"

I am not sure I shoud have used the rollershutter type as the icon does not update when I open or close the door.

Would you happen to have any idea to help me ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice evening.

Sam.

Have a look in your events.log and see what actual state your Item changes to.
Dynamic icons select the icon based on actual Item state;

Thanks for your answer.

Here is the log (open and close).

2020-03-19 18:24:59.943 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Garage' received command UP
2020-03-19 18:24:59.951 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Garage predicted to become UP

2020-03-19 18:25:50.151 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Garage' received command DOWN
2020-03-19 18:25:50.160 [nt.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Garage predicted to become DOWN
2020-03-19 18:25:50.188 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Garage changed from 0 to 100
2020-03-19 18:25:50.771 [vent.ItemStateChangedEvent] - Garage changed from 100 to 0

Now the garage is closed and the icon shows an “opened garage”; in fact the icon changed to “closed” when I pushed the down button and then changed again to “opened”.
I am a little bit lost …

Have a nice evening.

Sam.

Does your Garage Item state ever stick for long at any state other than 0? Looks to me like it represents “door in motion” or something, rather than any position. Confident in the position sensing? What do you expect, up/down or full % indication?

The “predicted” in your events.log and he subsequent state update come from openHABs autoupdate feature, having a guess at the likely outcome of a command.
You can disable that while you want to see “real” events to sort this out.

Rollershutter Garage "Porte Garage [%d %%]" ["Blinds"] {channel="knx:device:bridge:generic:C_Garage", autoupdate="false"}

I suspect that will reveal that you never get any position updates from the device.

Thanks once again for your answer and your patience.

I added the “autoupdate=false” and the position is indeed no longer available.

2020-03-20 07:13:57.110 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Garage' received command UP

2020-03-20 07:14:20.909 [ome.event.ItemCommandEvent] - Item 'Garage' received command DOWN

In fact I do not need the % nor any precision in the position of the door, I only want to know if the garage door is opened or closed and to have the associated icon correctly showed (if you see what I mean).

Have a nice day.

Sam.

Okay, I have no idea what kind of position sensing your device offers, nor how to configure that in a KNX Thing, but I think that is where your problem lies. Maybe it’s an up/down binary, which won’t “fit” an openHAB percentage.

For experimenting, you can create another channel (and Item) just to listen for that positioning.

1 Like

Thanks anyway (even if you have no idea) for your assistance and the time you spent for me.
I finally choose to change the type to a simple switch and a contact to see the status and it is working; I just have to use the mapping function to have something less ugly than the simple switch.

Have a nice week-end and take care.

Sam.

If you have successfully got actual door state reporting to another Item, you can feed that back to your original RollerShutter Item.
Set autoupdate false for that, so that it no longer changes with commands.
Have a rule triggered on your door contact state change, which updates the rollershutter e.g. on CLOSED postupdate to 100 etc.