How do I even begin to debug this?

Was looking at my logs last night, and am looking for information on how I even begin to debug this. Normally OH gives me a pretty good idea of what I screwed up to generate an error, but on this one I … well, see thread title! :smiley:

2016-03-09 22:59:40.888 [ERROR] [org.quartz.core.JobRunShell   ] - Job DEFAULT.2016-03-09T22:59:40.873-06:00: Proxy for org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.Procedures$Procedure0: org.eclipse.xtext.x
base.impl.XClosureImplCustom@7ca260db (explicitSyntax: true) threw an unhandled Exception:
java.lang.RuntimeException: The name '<unkown>(<XStringLiteralImpl>,<XStringLiteralImpl>)' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
        at org.openhab.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.internalFeatureCallDispatch(ScriptInterpreter.java:67) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._evaluateAbstractFeatureCall(XbaseInterpreter.java:658) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_95]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) ~[na:1.7.0_95]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:218) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._evaluateBlockExpression(XbaseInterpreter.java:321) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[na:1.7.0_95]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.util.PolymorphicDispatcher.invoke(PolymorphicDispatcher.java:291) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.internalEvaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:218) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:204) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.ClosureInvocationHandler.doInvoke(ClosureInvocationHandler.java:46) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.java:28) ~[na:na]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy85.apply(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.model.script.internal.actions.TimerExecutionJob.execute(TimerExecutionJob.java:44) ~[na:na]
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:213) ~[quartz-all-2.1.7.jar:na]
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:557) [quartz-all-2.1.7.jar:na]
2016-03-09 22:59:40.900 [ERROR] [org.quartz.core.ErrorLogger   ] - Job (DEFAULT.2016-03-09T22:59:40.873-06:00: Proxy for org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.Procedures$Procedure0: org.eclipse.xtext.
xbase.impl.XClosureImplCustom@7ca260db (explicitSyntax: true) threw an exception.
org.quartz.SchedulerException: Job threw an unhandled exception.
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:224) ~[quartz-all-2.1.7.jar:na]
        at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:557) [quartz-all-2.1.7.jar:na]
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: The name '<unkown>(<XStringLiteralImpl>,<XStringLiteralImpl>)' cannot be resolved to an item or type.
        at org.openhab.model.script.interpreter.ScriptInterpreter.internalFeatureCallDispatch(ScriptInterpreter.java:67) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._evaluateAbstractFeatureCall(XbaseInterpreter.java:658) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor48.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter._evaluateBlockExpression(XbaseInterpreter.java:321) ~[na:na]
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor47.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.XbaseInterpreter.evaluate(XbaseInterpreter.java:204) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.ClosureInvocationHandler.doInvoke(ClosureInvocationHandler.java:46) ~[na:na]
        at org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.interpreter.impl.AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.invoke(AbstractClosureInvocationHandler.java:28) ~[na:na]
        at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy85.apply(Unknown Source) ~[na:na]
        at org.openhab.model.script.internal.actions.TimerExecutionJob.execute(TimerExecutionJob.java:44) ~[na:na]
        at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:213) ~[quartz-all-2.1.7.jar:na]
        ... 1 common frames omitted

I would focus attention on code inside the timer closures in your rules, because TimerExecutionJob.execute is in the call stack.

Failing that, search all the source code for the misspelling “unkown”. :smiley:

HA!! Too funny! Though “unkown” is apparently not my error – not in any of my config files; must be a typo in Eclipse itself. :smiley:

Thanks for the point in the right direction, I’ll start nosing around.

Definitely.

Maybe you are trying to call an action that’s not installed, in your timer closure?

I was doing a lot of code moving and reorganizing, and one of those timers is a eight hour deal. I’m thinking that I moved a timer block after the timer was running, and when it came back eclipse threw the equivalent of “huh??? Can’t find THAT!”

It’s a dusk/dawn rule, so I won’t get another crack at seeing if it’s OK until tomorrow. When I manually unwrap the timer and throw it in my test rules it fires fine, so that’s why I’m thinking it’s just a ‘got lost between now and then’ type problem.

That sounds entirely plausible. Perhaps timers are still armed even after the rules file has been changed.

1 Like

I second this. I have had this happening quite a lot when I have been playing around with rules that create (long duration) timers. After a while - when all the “rouge timers” have expired - the system tends to stabilize and work well in the continuation.

this helped me today… thanks… i left rules file edited, unsaved and opened in editor for a while and then this error started coming… after i saved my rules file it went away… thanks

1 Like