How do I make a rule for double-tap on GE 46201?

The configuration parameters could have been added with a newer switch revision. Many times features are added with newer firmware versions.

I went ahead and tried rebuilding the binding with the updated configuration file (46201_0_0.xml). That didnā€™t seem to help, I still get very similar looking logs. I see the message about receiving a COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE message, but nothing about updating the channel. I confirmed the new binding was loaded, and I cleared the cache and tmp folders before restarting openhab. Is there another file that needs to be updated or cleaned to recognize the change? Do I have to re-add the device?

Also, I found another switch that appears to be identical except for the physical switch part (the older style toggle instead of a big paddle), with part number 46202 (mine is 46201). In the database, that other switch is configured to use CENTRAL_SCENE. So, I have a strong hunch that itā€™s just a problem with the database, but Iā€™d love to be able to confirm that locally so nobody has to change the database just on my hunch.

What am I missing to verify my ā€œfixā€?

How can you tell without comparing firmware?

@Bruce_Osborne Well, itā€™s really just a guess - the descriptions are very similar, and the model numbers differ by only a digit. I couldnā€™t figure out how to find what the latest firmware is for the other switch (mine I can read in openhab). Do you know where to find that? I couldnā€™t see anything on the Jasco site, not even how to update the firmware, although I understand that has to be done via the hub.

In other news, removing and re-adding my switch WORKED! I am now able to write a rule that catches the double-tap gestures on the switch. So, if nothing else, I now have a way to do what I want. It looks like there are a bunch of differences in the xml file, so I conclude that the database is only read once, when the device is added.

Anyway, thanks everyone for all your help. I have no idea how to tell if other people out there would be affected by a change to the database, but I can now say that changing the entry fixed things for me. Should I submit a pull request to the code, or make an update on opensmarthouse.org itself, or both, or let someone else do it?

If you want to try the database guide is here.

When the Thing needs to change ā€œshapeā€ because the binding has updated e.g. changing channels under the influence of the database in this case - yes, you need to bin an old shaped Thing and make a new one.