How do I set and display the closing % for the fyrtur blinds?

Dear all,

I just bought a IKEA fyrtur blind. I have a SMaBiT (Bitron Video ZigBee AV2010/10 USB-radiostick ( Ember EM35x NCP) as controller. I am using the openHAB ZigBee Binding.

This works fine. I can pair them, control them up and down, see battery and volt.
Two things are not working as i want it to:

1. I want to see how far the blind is opened.
  2. I want to be able to move it to a specific %, e.g. during daytime I do not want to fully open it. At night it should go to the max set position

I read in Support for IKEA Fyrtur blinds - Hardware / Home Automation - openHAB Community that it should be possible to get the percentage and move it to a percentage, but this was for verson 2.5.x, so maybe it is not working in 3.1.0?

Thank you,

Ramon

I Think I figured it out already.

If you use e.g. xxxxx.sendCommand(40) in a rule instead of OPEN CLOSE UP DOWN then it actually displays it correctly.

Also use the “slider” with “label=” [%.0f %%]" on the sitemap instead of the daeault UP/STOP/DOWN buttons, which makes the binding forget the state of the shutter. I guess the device does not offer it by itself…

Ok i was a bit too fast. The movement is fine, but the indication is not. It somehow insists that it will remain on the old location…

Anybody have any idea how to fix?

2021-10-30 18:15:54.046 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Blind1WindowCover' received command 100
2021-10-30 18:15:54.050 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Blind1WindowCover' predicted to become 24
2021-10-30 18:15:58.331 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Blind1WindowCover' received command 100
2021-10-30 18:15:58.336 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Blind1WindowCover' predicted to become 24
2021-10-30 18:16:01.134 [INFO ] [openhab.event.ItemCommandEvent      ] - Item 'Blind1WindowCover' received command 100
2021-10-30 18:16:01.140 [INFO ] [penhab.event.ItemStatePredictedEvent] - Item 'Blind1WindowCover' predicted to become 24

The ‘prediction’ comes from autoupdate, which is guessing the likely outcome of a command. When the prediction is for ‘no change’ it generally means autoupdate thinks the channelis broken is some way.

But - you have a Zigbee device, and Zigbee binding sometimes vetoes autoupdate.

A possible cosmetic improvement for you is to force autoupdate.

Ok I forced it to “true”, i.e. {channel=“xxx”, autoupdate=“true”)

Seems to work now ok again, but somehow it was working before it got desynchronized.
So let me monitor for a bit to see if it now fully ok, but thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like