How do you update Eclipse Smarthome bindings?

Recently the eclipse LIFX bindings have been updated to v2 of the api but I can’t seem to figure out how I can update them in Openhab2. Is there a way to run master of eclipse/smarthome?

I have this question too, as openhab’s PaperUI Openhabs rules are uninizialized after reboot or restarting the service in openhab2 :frowning: There’s supposedly a fix here but it requires a newer version of smarthome. I’ve tried manually locating the file but have had no succes so far.

The link you posted is from December, so this should already be included given that OH2 was released at the end of January and included the latest ESH at that time.

If you’re using the snapshot runtime, then OH is periodically updated to use newer versions of ESH - this normally occurs every week or two as the ESH maintainers consider it’s stable enough.

I’m running the snapshot version of openhab2, so I don’t understand why I still have the issue mention ed here! I’ve been trying to add a delay to the rule engine loading, as was the workaround in openhab1, but someone told me I had done that in the wrong file (obsolete openhab.cfg), so now I’m trying to figure out what to edit so it finally works :frowning: Apparently nobody can tell me which file replaces these settings, which I’m hoping will solve the issue!

folder:items=10,items
foldersitemaps=20,sitemap
folder:rules=50,rules
folder:scripts=35:script
folder:persistence=40,persist

nobody on here that knows where to enter these settings? c’mon guys![quote=“dikkedimi, post:4, topic:8468”]

folder:items=10,items
foldersitemaps=20,sitemap
folder:rules=50,rules
folder:scripts=35:script
folder:persistence=40,persist

[/quote]

@dikkedimi please ignore if I am on a wrong track, but it appears that you use the experimental rule engine from OH2. If I am correct, please let me emphasize that I know that this was already stated in your other thread, but the rule engine you use is in the EXPERIMENTAL state. Which means, few people use it, little is known, it may show unexpected behavior and it is intended more for people who want to help develop the rule engine, rather than using it. You may not have a lot of luck continuing with this.

Maybe you want to consider moving your rules to the text based rules in OH2 that still exist and is used by almost anyone here in the forum. You can read on how to do it here: http://docs.openhab.org/configuration/rules-dsl.html. Coming from OH1 it will undoubtedly look familiar. Lots and lots of experience out there with these text-based rule, very very little with the EXPERIMENTAL rule engine you are using. Apologies for the caps, but I wanted to make sure that the rule engine you are using is unstable. As attractive as the graphic-based system is, I am afraid it may be difficult for you to get your issue resolved unless you want to engage deeper into debugging that new rule engine (something I am sure would be welcome).

I guess moving to text rules would be an option. Would probably save time. I’d still love to figure this problem out though, as it might help with adoption of the rule engine.

And I am sure the developers would love your help. I am out of my depth here, but debug or trace level logs will likely be required and somewhere is a github for this, where you would need to log issues as you identify them. But progress in resolving these issues may be slower than you want for a production environment. But then if you can code in Java you may be able to participate in the development