How to add channels to a light switch

• Platform information:

• Hardware: AMD Ryzen 5/16g/os on m.2 openHAB on HDD/ ATRIM Stick zwave usb stick
    • Java Runtime Environment: jdk-17
    • openHAB version: 4.0.4
    • Light switch in questions is enbrighten In-Wall Smart Switch zwave:device:301a8d85aa:node2
  • I am trying to setup a porch light switch using Zwave. I have detected and connected to the light switch. However, under the channels tab it states “This thing has no channels. Either the thing type doesn’t define channels, or they may be detected and appear later.”

When I go to Create Equipment from Thing and set it up I cannot continue because there is not a channel.

What should I do from here?

Thanks, Zed

It may be sufficient just to wait. Sometimes it may take up to 24 hours before the capabilities of a new device become discovered over the Zwave network…

Two more likely scenarios for a powered Zwave switch are that it might be missing from the Zwave DB or your zwave stick may use a 700 chip (or 800).

Try to get a short debug while flipping the switch manually and post that. Also post a picture of the information on the thing information dropdown on the UI page for the device.

Can you tell me how I can see the debug page? And I’ll show as much info as needed next time I’m at the machine.

The first image is the switch and the second is the usb dongle. I am not sure if the Switch is in the db. If it isn’t how can I add it?

Also the dongle is called Atrim ZWave Stick 800 series so I assume it is an 800 chip.

I still do not know how to get a debug

Note posts 4 and 5 (item 2) in this thread

From your post I’m 90+% sure it is the zstick. I’m somewhat optimistic it might be supported in the next couple of weeks. One thing to try in the meantime is a bundle:update (read this) of a draft PR on my github site. (create a link to the 700 release).

If that seems too much, you’ll have to wait a bit.