- Platform information:
- Hardware: zwave CT100 thermostat
- OS: Ubuntu
- Java Runtime Environment: Zulu8
- openHAB version: 2.5
- Issue of the topic:
I am working on the next generation rule and realized the compare does not work:
New rule engine:
but only if:
an item has a given state
current temperaturefrom the following binding:
- State: 76
Basically, I want to trigger the
but only if condition when temperature coming from the weather forecast source is larger than 76F.
But it NEVER WORKS.
I am assuming what I did is what an average user would reasonably assume.
- I saw the temperature in the paper UI control panel as being 76F. I assume the system is comparing using F not C.
- I saw the provided operator
=, etc. I assume it is OK to compare numerical values.
- I assume the temperature is numerical, not a string.
So my question is:
- What did I miss?
- What else do I need to do to make it work?
- Is there a documentation that I can refer to?
Thank you for any help!