How to configure NorthQ 9021?

Hi,

i’m trying to setup a NorthQ Power Meter 9021, but after inclusion neither configuration parameters can be set, nor any values can be read (even the battery level). I’m running openHAB 1.8.3 on a Raspberry Pi 2 with an AeonLab Z-Stick Gen-5.
Has anyone this device up and running?

Regards,
Georg

1 Like

Hi

Any success with this unit?
I am thinking of getting one but it would be nice to know that it works with openhab.
Fredrik

Hi Fredrik,

yes, in the meantime i’ve got it to work. After one day without any changes the connection from openhab to the NorthQ 9021 was stable and both reading and setting parameter values works as expected.

You can find here a good explanation of the parameters and this is a good hint, how to set the important 3 values.

my Items:
Number power_1_battery "Electricity Meter Battery [%s %%]" <battery> (gPower) { zwave="32:command=BATTERY,refresh_interval=10"}
Number power_1_usage_total "kWh [%.4f]" <energy> (gPower) { zwave="32:command=METER,meter_scale=E_KWh,refresh_interval=60"}
Number power_1_usage "Watt [%.2f]" (gPower)

my Rule:
rule power1_current_usage_update
when
Item power_1_usage_total received update
then
power_1_usage.postUpdate(power_1_usage_total.deltaSince(now.minusMinutes(10)).value * 6000));
end

my Persistence:
power_1_battery: strategy = everyChange, everyMinute, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
power_1_usage_total: strategy = everyChange, everyMinute, everyDay, restoreOnStartup
power_1_usage: strategy = everyChange, everyMinute, everyDay, restoreOnStartup

oo… tanks… now i can look into getting one…

/Fredrik

i will send mine back, because it’s very inprecise. Sometimes the measured values are pretty good, sometimes they are just the half of the real value. Not really usable… The debug mode also doesn’t work, no LED at pulse counting.

Did you anything special to get the NQ9021 to be recognized by OH2? - I´ve included it but it is not recognized…