How to create a simple timer scene in openhab?

These are not the channels for the Things that you show us. I don’t think they’re valid at all, actually.

It’s possible to work out what a channel is called (UID), more like
mqtt;topic:Sonoff1:light
but the easy way is to find your Thing in PaperUI and copy/paste the channel UID

Okay, we have a broker-Bridge and a Thing.
But this Thing is not linked in any way to the broker-Bridge. It does not assume anything because you may have more than one broker.

There’s two ways to do this; you can tell each Thing which broker it belongs to.
Or the easier way is to nest Things inside their parent broker with { } braces

Bridge mqtt:broker:mosquitto "Mosquitto" [ ... ]
{
   Thing topic Sonoff1 "Luz da Sala" { ...
      Channels ...
   }
   Thing ...
      Channels ...
   }
}

Once again, look closely at your events.log to see the names of the Items involved. You’ve got multiple Items here, some are autogenerated and are not the ones you are editing.

I’m looking at the log but thins turns back to the same 2 or 3 messages per second.
I refuse to assume that I’m too stupid to set this thing :slight_smile:

Maybe you can tell me what’s wrong with this info from my stuff:

Trying to stop openhabian I got this now

Nothing wrong with those items, except the channel links. If you click on your Generic MQTT Things in PaperUI, it should list channels. It’s the channels you want to link to your Items, not the generic Things.

The Item you showed us generating loops in your log was named mqtt_topic_LM1d_LM1d
Maybe that’s changed, but I can’t see the log you’re seeing now.

That’s probably an auto generated Item from your system being in simple mode. I strongly discourage using that setting, it gets in the way of anything you want to do with creating your own configuration.
I think it might hide parts of PaperUI from you as well.

how to change from simple mode?

PaperUI > Configuration > System > “item Linking”
Remember to click save.

i’d advise a restart, I don’t know if that is needed.

Sorry. I’m already using that. I have the Items menu

So, what is the nature of this Item mqtt_topic_LM1d_LM1d that you see in your logs ?

Have you clicked on your generic mQTT Things to see their channels?

Yes. I did that.
I deleted those mqtt_topic_LM1d_LM1

I don’t know what to put in channel in items

copying the thing from de paper UI doesn’t solve

That’s my channel linked to the thing.
Do I have to copy everything like mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Sonoff1:light ?

On/Off Switch

mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Sonoff1:light
Switch

This is the channel UID
That is the part you want to put in the Item’s {channel=‘xxx’} place
Switch someItem ... {channel="mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Sonoff1:light"}

You don’t need to copy On/Off Switch text.

I don’t know how to do this

That’s fine, you don’t need to do it.

Maybe we should see what your casa.items file looks like now. Maybe you can tell us if anything works, or if your log has stopped doing silly things. This is becoming hard work.

I’m having ERROR: 409 - Conflict
I think I better reboot to see

Are you trying to use PaperUI to edit Items or Things that you created in xxx.items or xxx.things files? You can’t. You have to edit the files.

ok. I’ll reboot to see.

Switch Luz_da_Sala “SALA”
{channel=“mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Sonoff1:light”}

Switch Luz_da_Mesa “MESA”
{channel=“mqtt:topic:mosquitto:Sonoff2:light”}

1 Like

I started from scratch and have the same log file going 2 messages per second. I’ll try more later.
thank you very much for your hrlp and interest.

The same log file, featuring the Item you thought you’d deleted?

Not the same but similar showing the last things I tried but same behavior. 2 lines a second.
I erased items, things and sitemap to start over.
I just don’t know how is the best way to start. Some tutorial are old and they say different methods.
1-Should I use only the Visual Studio and create the files or is better to use Paper UI?
2-What should I create first, Item or Thing?

I never have a Raspberry and I started to deal with this stuff 2 weeks ago. It’s hard to have thins working properly.

When I try to stop the server (sudo systemctl stop openhab2) to clean cache I got this:

Warning: The unit file, source configuration file or drop-ins of openhab2.service changed on disk. Run ‘systemctl daemon-reload’ to reload units.

I think that’s not normal. Should I run this daemon-reload?