How to edit rrd4j.persist

If I edit rrd4j.persist with Eclipse SmartHome Designer and save it, I got this error message:

2017-05-21 17:52:45.896 [ERROR] [.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver] - Error handling update of file ‘C:\OpenHAB2\conf\persistence\rrd4j.persist’: null.
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler.ExpressionThreadPoolManager$ExpressionThreadPoolExecutor.removeFutures(ExpressionThreadPoolManager.java:321)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler.ExpressionThreadPoolManager$ExpressionThreadPoolExecutor.remove(ExpressionThreadPoolManager.java:291)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.scheduler.ExpressionThreadPoolManager$ExpressionThreadPoolExecutor.remove(ExpressionThreadPoolManager.java:308)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl.removeTimers(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:321)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl.stopEventHandling(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:377)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence.internal.PersistenceManagerImpl.removeConfig(PersistenceManagerImpl.java:348)[103:org.eclipse.smarthome.core.persistence:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.persistence.internal.PersistenceModelManager.modelChanged(PersistenceModelManager.java:85)[125:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.persistence:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.notifyListeners(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:207)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl.addOrRefreshModel(ModelRepositoryImpl.java:120)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.checkFile(FolderObserver.java:272)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver.access$1(FolderObserver.java:265)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core.internal.folder.FolderObserver$WatchQueueReader.processWatchEvent(FolderObserver.java:146)[122:org.eclipse.smarthome.model.core:0.9.0.b4]
at org.eclipse.smarthome.core.service.AbstractWatchQueueReader.run(AbstractWatchQueueReader.java:122)[98:org.eclipse.smarthome.core:0.9.0.b4]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)[:1.8.0_131]

It looks like Eclipse SmartHome Designer blocks openhab to use the file correct. If I use another editor to edit the file it looks like the file is opened in another mode that openhab is able to read the file even it is open.

My problem is, that I cannot edit the file with Eclipse SmartHome Designer because the changes are not used. I have to open the file with a different editor and save it again to be able to use it correct by openhab

2017-05-21 17:53:00.558 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Refreshing model ‘rrd4j.persist’

any idea?

What version of Designer are you using?

How to find out the version? and which if x64 or x86?

There is no help menue available in SmartHome designer to get this information.

I will try the latest version and post the results here.

With "The latest release of Eclipse SmartHome is 0.8, released on June 15, 2016"
same error

With "nightly snapshot builds 0.9.0, Every couple of days, we also provide a stable build"
same error

Bit I think there is a trick.

1. Make changes via smarthome designer on the file and save it
    ==> error occurs
  2. Make changes via smarthome in remarks (part behind //) and save it
    ==> no error

looks like it is working in this way :wink:

Do not use 0.9.0. It doesn’t work.

ok, so I stay at 0.8.0 and use the workaround. thanks