- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
Please post a clarification of your question. It is unclear what you have already tried and where you are having problems.
It is also very helpful to actually fill out the form with your specifics.
Hi, really new to both OpenHab and linux. Managed to install OpenHab2 on RaspPi3, selected basic on the initial startup but after working through the tutorials it recommends using basic Ui and only seem to have Paper Ui. Does anyone have any idea as to how to enable the basic Ui. Any help would be great.
Sorry, as you can see I’m very new to this.
You install it. Browse to the Add-ons -> UIs in PaperUI and you will find BasicUI among others listed. Click the + to install it and it will show up in your dashboard (i.e.
Then read the sitemap sections of the Beginner’s Tutorial and the Sitemap sections of the User’s Guide for how to create your Sitemap.
I can’t seem to find the Basic Ui in the addons is there something else I need to do in the configuration for it ?
It is under the UIs tab.
There is nothing special you need to enable it. It is a core add-on and always available for installation.