- Platform information:
- Hardware: CPUArchitecture/RAM/storage
- OS: what OS is used and which version
- Java Runtime Environment: which java platform is used and what version
- openHAB version:
- Issue of the topic: please be detailed explaining your issue
- Please post configurations (if applicable):
- Items configuration related to the issue
- Sitemap configuration related to the issue
- Rules code related to the issue
- Services configuration related to the issue
- If logs where generated please post these here using code fences:
How do you enable to start logging into files in openhab 3 (openhabian)?
Yes, I’ve searched community and also looked at official documentation: Logging | openHAB
It says “manual”, but what is manual? Edit log4j2.xml file?
But I really do not understand how to enable it in log4j2.xml file.
There is no LOG folder in openhab/userdata
Spent 3 hours on this already but I’d rather tell everyone I’m not understanding it than spend more time in the dark.